• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Welcome gofer

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome gofer,

to Wicked Stangs Nationwide Mustang Forum. Make Sure to log in and update your profile info, so you can benefit from all the great features of our Mustang Forum... Start a New Thread and Post a little something about yourself and get some pics of your ride up.. .And again welcome...we hope you enjoy it here on our board.

When you get a chance please edit your custom title with your location http://wickedstangs.com/community/threads/edit-your-custom-title-with-location.17018/

gofer

CORNF3D
Thanks again for all the welcomes to the site.
welcome to WS
Is that picture in your signature from Barona? Just asking since you're up in Wash. I was up at Barona Nov. 13th last year during a test and tune/Kenneth Plouth Memorial and there were a bunch of Mustangs there from WS. I actually got the opportunity to line up against a black '05-'09 Mustang (Saleen badges) with NOS written on the windshield, the car ran a 7.9 I think so it was moving out.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Yes that was from Barona Gofer. Mine doesnt have anything Saleen on it though... It has Cobra badges ( 03-04) and Roush front bumper and spoiler. It has Gt500 Rear end on the car.
I am sure it was me though. I run mid to high 7's.

gofer

CORNF3D
Lets see if I can dig up a picture, I had my girlfriend up in the stands and to keep her occupied I give her my SLR. :rolleyes:

WS.jpg

Well, I think you're right. The badge on the back of the car is definitely a Cobra emblem, I could have sworn I saw a badge similar to this one on the fenders though.

SaleenS7TwinTurboFrontBadge01FixedSmall.jpg

gofer

CORNF3D
I guess I could properly introduce myself since this is my Intro thread. I don't own a Mustang but I do live in San Diego and see many of you cruising around the city or at the local car shows and race days, that being said I thought I'd create an account and introduce myself.

I've been a DSM (Eclipse, Talon, Laser) enthusiast since I got my drivers license 10 years ago and have never owned anything but a DSM. The only Mustang I ever wrenched on was a highschool buddies '95 5.0 that ran 13.1's with slicks, considering we were in Colorado and a mile above sea level it was a pretty fast car. San Diego has been home to me since 2005 after getting stationed here on the USS Nimitz, then transferring to MCAS Miramar after 4 years where I'm currently stationed now until 2012 as a C-School Instructor.

As you can expect I probably won't be posting here very often outside of the SD events threads but I hope that if any of you do recognize my car, whether I'm at Racelegal, Barona, or Fontucky Speedway, you come by and say "hey".

-Corey

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
welcome Corey and hope you enjoy it here.. Lots of cool people.. and looking forward to checking out your DSM.. What year? I remember back in the days there use to be a club called diamond motor-sports here in San Diego and they had some very fast DSM....

gofer

CORNF3D
My DSM is a '97 Eclipse GS-T (turbo fwd) that originally had an automatic transmission. But, since I bought the car in 2006, I've done a few modifications to it one of them was converting it to the AWD (GSX) platform and putting in a M/T as well. Just like any other project car its continually under the knife, the problem with my project car is that its also my DD. The bottom end is still 100% stock with 105,000 miles on it and some how it takes the abuse it sees when I go race it at the track. The current setup (minus a few drivetrain upgrades since then) went down Fontuckey's quarter mile track this last December in 11.65 secs @ 121mph.

Here are a couple photos.
engine_bay_april_23_2011.jpg

o-side_ii.jpg

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Clean car corey. 11.6 Is moving brother... Thanks for pics if you have anymore can you send them to me? sxy_mustang@yahoo .com
Phill