• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

wheels and Tires

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Hey does anyone know of a tire company that has a 20 inch drag radial out? The biggest I have found is a 18.. If someone can give me some info or point me in right direction.. Going with 20's but if I have to I will put on 18's just to have a sticker tire on back. Please help

blackstallion06

Donator
Well guess you made up my mind lol. 18x10's on back with drag rad. and up front 18x8. I think I am going with the FR500 wheel

Feared

Crazy Mach Driver
Im going with 18x10.5 in the rear, and 18x8 in the front.. when i can get a grand saved up.. heh

Foxman

well when dealing with DR's you would want to go to a smaller rim.... like a 15 16... you need side wall for the tire to work... if you go on the mach1registry.com they talk about it all day... when i do get mine im getting 15's.....

I know a couple of people who have ran a 17 inch DG's and they sucked!

and with you putting down almost 300 to the wheels you need Sidewall.....

Foxman

oh and do you know if you have a 31 spline axles..... if not your going to snap those 28 spline when you get your DR's...

I know a guy that put drag radials on a BONE STOCK mach and launched at about 4grand and snaped the driver side axle..

blackstallion06

Donator
I wouldn't try to launch at that high of a RPM.. I seen a guy at FFW with full slicks on a 06 like mine he was launching about 2200 and in the 10's.. I think I may just get 20's and a extra set of rims with full slicks..

Foxman

well then that guy should be running mid 9's

I launch now at 2500..... with almost no loss of traction till i hit second and spin 1/4 the way through it...

remember that nova at the dyno day he was running 10's and was launching at like 4500

Feared

Crazy Mach Driver
Well the 18s would be streetable, DRs.. and maybee down the line ill get a seperate set for Slicks.

blackstallion06

Donator
Well I gotta do something I cant get traction. Its just sideways and spinning through first and second..

redstangstage2

my 18's make it alot better for traction for me, should for you too. I was spinning them off like crazy witht the stock 16s but cant spin em off much with the 18s

blackstallion06

Donator
LOL I think I could still melt them off.. I better be able too.. Steve didn't we race before? Im kiddn

Foxman

if you want traction i would go with a 15x10 rim with like a 295 60 tire.... i know someone pushing over 400 to the wheels and can hook up all day with that setup....

Feared

Crazy Mach Driver
I think hes looking for a streetable setup.. and the 15x10 would look goofy, for daily driving. Or atleast not the setup hes going for.

blackstallion06

Donator
Yeah they would for sure. I am going with 18's. You guys have to remember I have alot more room then the machs. I could probaly fit 22's but would be tight.

Foxman

I think 15's look great
66140.jpg

66141.jpg

blackstallion06

Donator
Yeah but like i said a 18 with a big sidewall would be fine on my car. Speaking of 18's. Do any of you have a need or what for some chrome 18's. They are a 4 lugg universal. I think they would look good on a ( all jokes aside guys) a import. Civic, or a small SUV.. Look great on the wifes grocery getter. Wheels and low profile tires for 500$ I am getting them from a buddy who is taking them off his wifes Miata before they trade it in.. If not I am putting them on Craigslist for 650$ They look great. I will get a pic up in couple days.

Foxman

those sound like they might work on my girls focus.... get pics up or bring pics to the meeting....

Foxman

yea your right i looked at my dads and you have a big wheelwell. i think im going to do my car like that red one... the ride hieght and everything....

blackstallion06

Donator
Hey andy you should have asked me about them last night. They will go right on her car I bet..