• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Who made Chief?

Fighting Sailor

San Angelo TX
I'm done with it. I hit the wickets I was always told I needed to hit. I put in the extra time on comrel projects, held major collateral duties, served on a wide variety of platforms, and did joint service.. Now I have been passed over for the last time! I'm done, I will follow my job description to the letter, NOTHING MORE! No slingin burgers for MWR, no painting murals for the base, no Frackin padre's games... I will do my job and go home! I know I am disgruntled, I have given 19 years of my life to the Navy, I did what I was told, I gave 110% extra duties etc... I got qualified above and beyond! I got passed and a woman who cant get to work on time, shows up for rides drunk and has served all of 8 years and on only ONE SHIP picks up Chief? I am Fed up! I am done with it... The Navy has told me today that I have outlived my usefulness, FINE! I will do my job and nothing more from today forward.

Mrs. ears

I'm done with it. I hit the wickets I was always told I needed to hit. I put in the extra time on comrel projects, held major collateral duties, served on a wide variety of platforms, and did joint service.. Now I have been passed over for the last time! I'm done, I will follow my job description to the letter, NOTHING MORE! No slingin burgers for MWR, no painting murals for the base, no Frackin padre's games... I will do my job and go home! I know I am disgruntled, I have given 19 years of my life to the Navy, I did what I was told, I gave 110% extra duties etc... I got qualified above and beyond! I got passed and a woman who cant get to work on time, shows up for rides drunk and has served all of 8 years and on only ONE SHIP picks up Chief? I am Fed up! I am done with it... The Navy has told me today that I have outlived my usefulness, FINE! I will do my job and nothing more from today forward.

wow what asses. That is f'd up. I am sorry to here that Steve. Yeah just do your job and get the heck out of there. Don't do anything for them if they are not going to give you the credit and respect you deserve.

Maverick

Dude man I am sooo with you on this. Above everything that has been said and annouced today, I am honored to know you and to call you my best friend!

JarHead

The promotion system in the Marine Corps is about the same way. I have no idea how people who work their ass off in any branch (Navy or Marines) get passed over and the fuk-offs/fuk-ups get selected. It's beyond my comprehension. Sorry to hear that no one got it, the system is screwed up.... and seems that it's not gonna get fixed anytime soon. Again, i am sorry to heat that you guys didn't get selected.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Sorry to all of you, Steve, Rob, Shane. It is a shame the hard workers and kickass sailors get passed over for promotion when they so deserved and earned it. But don't let that disheartened you guys. You guys know you are respected by your peers and those around you know you do kickass job and bust your asses. So, don't let this political moves, and that's what they are, drag you down and throw all that you've done over the course of your career away. You are a better person for what you have done and what you have learned. You made a difference to many lives you have come across over the years. You made a difference to this country you served. You may not see it, but if you haven't served, who knows what would have happened.

Things have a way of working out. You don't need an anchor or your collar to reinforce what or who you are. It would be nice, but not necessary. You are already a better person for doing what you have done. Just know I appreciate all that you guys have done. And from knowing you and interacting with you, I know what a quality person you all are. Steve, I know this was your last go at it. There may be a reason for it. Do your 20, retire and move on to something else where you will make a different in other area. Maybe this is the reason for it. Rob and Shane, good luck on your next try. You guys definitely are stand up guys and kickass sailors. Just know that you guys are already leaders and that little anchor don't make the sailor. Its the sailor that makes the anchor.

Shells04Mach

hey guys gibs told me to tell you he was to hear sorry that you all the did not make it. to steve he said to say good luck with all you do after you retire. to all the others good luck next year.

Shane361

At this point in my career I am not sure I would have made a great Chief anyhow. I am tired..very tired and everyday I want to do my job and do it well and then go home. I have less than three years left and this current command has pretty much killed my soul. I was selected for Senior Sailor of the Quarter last year and I walked into the board and told them with all due respect I dont want to be here. They were amazed but I just dont have that in me anymore. I said let one of this snot nosed 1st classes with ten years have it to benifit their career. I guess it goes without saying the same attitude is why I didn't make Chief. So be it...I need shore duty and then to be a civillian. I'm really bitter at the Navy because after decomming two ships and being sent to the 3rd my sea counter was started at zero when I was almost done with sea duty. They wouldn't do anything about it cause I was an asset and was needed to pass inspections. There's my disgruntal rant!
On a positive note...I have killer orders NOW that I didn't make E7 I get to keep them. This will get me closer to my grandparents to spend as much time with as I can before they pass. That is my main concern. I get to keep my whole 8 days of palm leave now and dont have 6 weeks of initiation hell. I honestly dont have the time to play HELL week and half with my workload. The ones that did make it though have plenty of time...funny. -Shane

BurnieB78

Sorry to all of you, Steve, Rob, Shane. It is a shame the hard workers and kickass sailors get passed over for promotion when they so deserved and earned it. But don't let that disheartened you guys. You guys know you are respected by your peers and those around you know you do kickass job and bust your asses. So, don't let this political moves, and that's what they are, drag you down and throw all that you've done over the course of your career away. You are a better person for what you have done and what you have learned. You made a difference to many lives you have come across over the years. You made a difference to this country you served. You may not see it, but if you haven't served, who knows what would have happened.

Things have a way of working out. You don't need an anchor or your collar to reinforce what or who you are. It would be nice, but not necessary. You are already a better person for doing what you have done. Just know I appreciate all that you guys have done. And from knowing you and interacting with you, I know what a quality person you all are. Steve, I know this was your last go at it. There may be a reason for it. Do your 20, retire and move on to something else where you will make a different in other area. Maybe this is the reason for it. Rob and Shane, good luck on your next try. You guys definitely are stand up guys and kickass sailors. Just know that you guys are already leaders and that little anchor don't make the sailor. Its the sailor that makes the anchor.

VERY well said danny!!

Mach1Marauder

There were signs of crap like this at the end of my career. Thank God it didn't occur to me, but in a way it did. After giving 13 years of my young life, the Navy essentially threw me away. After getting hurt, going through grueling physical therapy, three med boards, being LPO of the VIP Motorpool of CINCPACFLT with 25 bootcamp drivers(mostly 18 & 19 yr old BIMBOS) and dealing with foreign and domestic dignitaries, I finally make Chief and get sent back to sea. Only to be tossed aside after being on board over 9 months and going thru finals of SLEP, readiness to go to sea and change home ports from east coast to west coast with a majority of damn wogs and unproven crew, the damn medical officer thinks I'm a damn liability to the ship's readiness because of my past injuries! Never mind that I kept the ship on station and schedule by rebuilding TWO of the hydraulic pumps in aft steering and one main feed pump that the yardturds rebuilt! At least the CHENG and CO fought for me to stay on board! Never mind that with the Medical officer's input, he was throwing away all those years of training and experience!
The CO at transient barracks at 32nd St. was a female. She canceled my approved leave for Christmas with non-refundable tickets to Hawaii where my wife and family lived, gave me a job of babysitting misfits that were being discharged and disapproved my request for leave awaiting discharge when it was plainly evident that I was being discharged by this new med board.
I LOVED MY NAVY! MY NAVY had given me everything I wanted and asked for up to that point and I WILLINGLY gave my all and young life in return. I was proud to serve my country and with my fellow sailors!
I could see times changing then. It's sad to see dedicated sailors, such as myself and others, getting screwed and passed over while others with paper thin merits get the glory and benefits. Maybe the wife and I should have taken the offer by the Admiral that re-enlisted me( he was CO of CINQPACFLT, my wife's CO anf our son's godfather)! He was being ordered to the Pentagon and wanted to take us with him. Maybe my career would have continued from there down a different path. I just couldn't see myself at a damn desk job, especially after the stint at the motorpool! LOL!

Life takes funny turns. We don't understand WHY things happen at that time. Things do become clearer with time though. I do know that I have saved lives because of being discharged. I have come upon boilers that I had to inspect, that it wasn't a question IF they were going to make headlines, it was just a question of WHEN. Some of those overlooked and dangerous boilers were in schools!
Thanks for letting me vent! Hopefully it was therapeutic for me and won't bring back the damn nightmares that come and go at their own choosing!:nonono::nonono::nonono: