• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wicked Focii

dtopford

Pretty cool David, the Cobra is still pulling D/D until I can get my truck. Fuel won't be much better but at least I won't be running my 15 year old snake ragged. Its already picked up parking lot bumps from staying on base while underway. And while on North island a black tarp on a fence tore loose and beat the front of my car for 4 days while we were gone. I was able to clean it up but very frustrating!

2K7GTCS

How are you liking it? And what are you gas mileage?

I love it! I'm averaging about 32 mpg mixed city/hwy. It's very squirty and tossable. Zero to sixty in about 7.5 seconds, and nice predictable handling at the limit, even on the stock all season tires.

My car was a very early build for the new model year, and has 25,000 miles. Some folks have reported problems with the steering, the transmission, and the My Ford Touch system. I'm guessing, as a prior rental, my car had been sorted out and serviced to resolve any of these issues (if it even ever had them). This is "Ford Factory Certified" used, which they would not offer if the car was really prone to problems.

The direct injection engine is very cold blooded, and can be a little rough until it's warmed up. The programming for the dry double clutch automatic/manual shifts the car very early, keeping the revs between 1500 and 2500. But if you drop the shift lever into "Sport" mode, it's a whole different car that will up-shift later and down-shift sooner.

Disabling the traction control, and doing a brake stand (holding the brake and throttle pedals), the engine revs to about 2700rpm, and will stay there until you release the brake. It's like having a built-in line lock, only the computer is handling the clutch LOL. With minimal torque steer due to the torque-vectoring feature of the always on stability control, the car just simply goes where you aim it. This feature uses very subtle brake application to mimic a limited slip differential.

At the end of the day, it's a nice economical compact commuter, with a little bit of naughty built into it. I love it.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
I love it! I'm averaging about 32 mpg mixed city/hwy. It's very squirty and tossable. Zero to sixty in about 7.5 seconds, and nice predictable handling at the limit, even on the stock all season tires.

My car was a very early build for the new model year, and has 25,000 miles. Some folks have reported problems with the steering, the transmission, and the My Ford Touch system. I'm guessing, as a prior rental, my car had been sorted out and serviced to resolve any of these issues (if it even ever had them). This is "Ford Factory Certified" used, which they would not offer if the car was really prone to problems.

The direct injection engine is very cold blooded, and can be a little rough until it's warmed up. The programming for the dry double clutch automatic/manual shifts the car very early, keeping the revs between 1500 and 2500. But if you drop the shift lever into "Sport" mode, it's a whole different car that will up-shift later and down-shift sooner.

Disabling the traction control, and doing a brake stand (holding the brake and throttle pedals), the engine revs to about 2700rpm, and will stay there until you release the brake. It's like having a built-in line lock, only the computer is handling the clutch LOL. With minimal torque steer due to the torque-vectoring feature of the always on stability control, the car just simply goes where you aim it. This feature uses very subtle brake application to mimic a limited slip differential.

At the end of the day, it's a nice economical compact commuter, with a little bit of naughty built into it. I love it.

Awesome, looking for another daily commuter but, this time a real one. The new found hp in the fox is crazy and my foot along with it too..:) Did you see the new 2014 Fiesta ST 197hp and 214Tq and 34mpg that is crazy and must be a blast to drive....