• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Wondering what the latest word is on this.

GhostRider

2012 Shelby 1000 revealed ahead of official New York debut

Shelby will introduce its most powerful Shelby yet, the 2012 Shelby 1000, on April 5, 2012, at the New York International Auto Show. Carroll Shelby and his team created the Shelby 1000 by starting with a 2012 Ford Shelby GT500 and kicking its handling, horsepower and braking to the performance edge. The Shelby 1000 will be offered in both a street and a Shelby 1000 S/C “off-road” track version. The street legal, pump gas version dyno’s out at approximately 950 HP, while the track oriented S/C edition is rated at over 1,100 HP.
“Carroll Shelby is a visionary who has pushed the boundaries of performance his entire life,” said John Luft, president of Shelby American. “He challenged the Shelby American team to develop the Shelby 1000 and wanted to unveil this amazing new Shelby at the New York Auto Show celebrating 50 years since he unveiled the very first Shelby Cobra that changed the face of high performance. We will have that very car, Cobra #1 (CSX2000) along with Shelby 1000 on display in our Shelby American booth in New York.”
To build the car that Carroll Shelby envisioned, Shelby American takes Ford’s 5.4 liter V8 down to the block to add new rods, crank and pistons. The team flows the heads, upgrades the cooling and exhaust, replaces the supercharger, tunes it and then sprinkles it with a little Shelby magic.
To complement the new power, the Shelby 1000 has improved the handling and stopping capabilities with 6 pistons in front and 4 pistons in the rear, while the suspension includes new struts, sway bars and bushings. The new solid driveshaft is connected to a new 9-inch rear end. Exterior cues incorporate aerodynamics while maintaining a stealthy appearance. The hood, rear panel and splitter are functional pieces.
A limited production of Shelby 1000s will be built, each numbered and documented. The post-title package for the Shelby 1000 starts at $149,995, not including the base GT500. A completed Shelby 1000 is expected to be approximately $200,000.
Shelby American will accept orders once the Shelby 1000 is unveiled at the New York International Auto Show. Those interested in reserving a car can contact Shelby American at (702) 942-7325 or visit www.shelbyamerican.com after April 5, 2012.

Chaz Spaulding

Chazstang
Yeah, it's awesome but imagine what you could build with $200,000 yourself. Most of us can only dream about a car like this. I'm glad it will be offered for the rich boys, but I can't really lose much sleep about not being to afford one.

GhostRider

Yeah, it's awesome but imagine what you could build with $200,000 yourself. Most of us can only dream about a car like this. I'm glad it will be offered for the rich boys, but I can't really loose much sleep about not being to afford one.

I completely agree! The idea of this is awesome, but I'm sure that half of the price tag is all mark up for profit and exclusiveness.

Kirk Simpson

yea that price is rediculous what happen to making cars for the people so we could afford them... that kinda make me mad that they would do that i mean 200,000 thats outragous so yea it was a pipe dream lol deffinatly

Ford1288

Donator
yea that price is rediculous what happen to making cars for the people so we could afford them... that kinda make me mad that they would do that i mean 200,000 thats outragous so yea it was a pipe dream lol deffinatly

That's what the GT500 is for, not this. How can you complain about them making a badass, rare car and putting a hefty price tag on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnakeBit

i paid 35,000 for my gt500 give me 165000 to put into it pretty sure it smoke that car just saying, it is a cool car though just couldn't see spending that kinda money on a mustang

SnakeBit

and for 200,000 i would expect a much nicer interior not just a 3 gauge cluster on the pillar

ubb-1100-widow-maker-xl.jpg

Anybody hear about this vehicle? Here are the stats:
The 2012 UBB 1100 BHP Widow Maker
0 to 60 in 3.7 seconds 230 MPH and 850 lbs per ft torque .
  • 5400cc quad cam V8 32 valve
  • Superchargered
  • 3.75 limited slipp diff
  • UBB body kit
  • UBB 200MPH speedo
  • UBB suspension coil overs
  • Three piece split rim alloys 10.5x18
  • 305x35x18 toyo 888 tires
  • Advan traction control
  • A/C
  • CD player mirco soft sync
  • Voice control
  • Brembo brakes
  • Hand controller
  • Penski adjustable coil over shocks
  • 19" Alloy wheels
  • Full Carbon Body Kit
  • Twin Cooling fans
  • 100cc Fuel injectors

Extra's Comfort pack
  • Recaro seats
  • Glass roof
  • Extras set of track wheels
  • Park sensors
  • Laser jammers built in
  • De-cat pipes
  • Window tint

Price $135,000 delivery time 12 weeks

I'll take this over a Shelby 1000 anytime.

GhostRider

That's what the GT500 is for, not this. How can you complain about them making a badass, rare car and putting a hefty price tag on it?

If the price tag doesn't match the final out come of the product, what's the point in spending that much, other than to give away your money in exchange for a little exclusivity...??? The car isn't even a stand alone new model or anything, the only upgrades are the engine & modifications and a few exterior parts... (Body kit & decals). I'm with these guys (Kirk & SnakeBit). If I had that much money to spend I'd rather take the pride and joy of building my own (much better, faster, and less expensive.)

Ford1288

Donator
I'm not endorsing the price, but I am saying a car is worth what someone will pay, and people will pay that much. Of course none of us regular mustang guys would spend the much money.