• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

WS endorsed/non endorsed events/cruises

(NW)Drake

who said that getting old sucks :-P
ok guys correct me if im wrong its an endorsed or non endorsed event if you have our banner on your car you leave no person behind. also you dont street race and that sort. let me know

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Street racing is not a good idea. I know that it happens from time to time; I am guilty myself. DO NOT PLAN any street races or go out searching for trouble. However, I do not expect you to let yourself get emabarassed. Be smart about what you do and remember your banner says, "WICKEDSTANGS".

As for endorsed, non-endorsed events. We do not leave our people behind. If someone breaks, we get them back on the road or stay with them until they are safe or make us go away. The "Endorsed Events" are designed for maximum participation. We can not control how many attend, but we hope that everyone makes a special effort. These events often support special charities, sponsors and those in the community that support our club. ROLL DEEP and have fun!!!!

Keep the rubber side down and the Hondas in the rear view mirror.

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
That is very true CWO, it happens but you don't have to be stupid about it. For me if there is a shit ton of traffic around I just let they guy go but if the road is open well you know what happens. Never should a member be left behind, I dont even like when they fall out of line I personally slow down and pull over and wait for everyone.

Well I stayed back with you. I'm more compfortable in the back anyway. That's usually what happens when you join in on a non WS event. They are unaware of our rules and guidelines so you just have to break it down hang back and drive within your limits. That is what i do. hence the reason i am usually in the back all the time. What happened today was unfortunate and hopefully many lessons were learned through the school of hard knocks, experience, and observation.

(NW)Drake

i agree soji i to hope that lessons were learned today, im not sure if i will be doing another non ws event for this reason because of the simple fact that if the viper had wrecked on cloquallum road it would have been my district that would have responded to the accident. hopefully new members read this and the other post i made this is one of the many reasons we dont do street racing im not saying the guys that went to raineer did but i do know that the viper likes to speed and not use his brakes so to speak ive been on 2 cruises with him now and both times he has done excessive speeding

(NW)Drake

Did something happen?

That's what I am wondering!

yes danny and 1wkdrsh something did happen in our cruise from the last one we had a viper well on the cruise to raineer after our breakfast he put his nose in a ditch on a diminishing corner i myself was not their but by sheer coincidence i was on the phone with soji when they came around the corner and saw him in the ditch. he is ok and his car isnt that bad he has a skid plate underneigh and it looked to be mostly cosmetic damage from what im told. all in thank you guys for showing up since my fire dept had to buy ingredients this time around they only profited 149$ but if it hadnt been for us the would have either broke even on been just under, thank you to all that came and for those that couldnt make it this time their will be another one in oct the day after moder rifle hunting season opens up here

(NW)Drake

Ok guys soji and talked for a bit about how yesterday went. As he put it a cruise. Is Ment to just enjoy the drive. I myself am guilty of trying flex my muscles when we cruise with people outside our club granted i felt like i was being pushed( by who i will not name and soji felt the same by the same person) i know in our club we have no problem with this but me and. Soji had been passed several times when him and i were leading at different times. So i myself if i go on cruises with people outside our club i will let them know if they pass the car that is leading i will not speed up for them especially if i know the roads. A cruise is Ment to enjoy the drive not just to flex muscles that for the track or by yourself the more ws bannered cars show up is the way our club flexs its muscle when were not on a track. When people get stupid on the road things happen.

Vaporizyed

La Mesa, CA
For what it's worth, I am going to put my two cents into this. Keep in mind I wasn't there, and I don't know the specifics. I would agree with Soji that when WS members goes in on a cruise with another club, etc, that they do not know our guidelines and conduct. I will tell you in San Diego, there is a core group of WS members that do go on cruises regularly and we know how each other drives. This is key to doing a cruise in a safe manner that no one wrecks their mustang or gets a speeding ticket. Not to be snobbish, but I simply won't go on a cruise with another club. In the end it's a safety issue for you, other club members, and the general public on the road. I am aware from first hand knowledge that the car culture in Washington State is different from California, but that is where WS comes into the picture more. WS is a club for people that TRUELY ENJOY THEIR MUSTANGS and the Mustang sub-culture. It's fine to enjoy and admire other muscle cars, but keep in mind this is what WS sets other muscle car clubs apart. I will agree with a previous posting that you show your presence when you roll in deep with as many mustangs as possible showing the WS banner. That's my two cents. Drive safely everyone!

crossbreedgt

I'm sorry to hear this guys..
As a member who was in the San Diego chapter back when Emilio had the yellow terminator cobra.. And now up here driving cruises in the whidbey, wa chapter.. I can honestly say the dynamics of driving and the "cruising" environment is way different.
The thing that stays the same nationwide is what WS stands for and how we conduct ourselves, on and off the road. If that means we hang in the back while others act like jackasses - I personally would rather not attend such events. IMO it's just like trying to fit in with all the 16 year old kids with rice rockets that give modified cars a bad name.
Guilty by association is what can really hurt our name.. I like to rev up and show a bit of smoke, even get sideways from time to time - all with reason though.
I just ask that when we go out.. We go loud and proud but remember that we are family oriented and represent a majority of the military and various communities that keep us on their streets. Great job on helping out the viper guy on the cruise by the way -

txmach302

i'm truly sorry for the guys that went on the cruise i put togather, i did bring it up to my wife that it was retarded that we are having to downshift all the time to catch up with the front, be asure the next one that I put togather will be said at the beginning of the cruise the rules, i didn't think we would have the problem we did this time but it happen and we live and learn, i just put these togather and want everyone to have fun, i didn't like it that one of us on the cruise didn't want to come along, made me feel really bad, if that is the case we can put one member up front and then everyone follows that one person, i don't have a problem wih that, i put these on cuz i want to get a group togather where we have fun, not a time where ya'll don't enjoy, i know drake and i have talked on the phone on sunday when all this happen and i was agreeing with him on this speed control. i for one don't care to go on a cruise and have to worry about getting a speeding ticket or the other that i have my wife and kids with me and have to do speeding with em, i understand if guys get up front and we have some time and they want to have some fun, thats all kewl. but we all have to stick togather and know that each other driving, this will be corrected for next time, i'm so sorry this happen and understand that it bother me by how we were driving but i was also having to catch up and yes that is my prob cuz that was my buddy, so i take the fall for his action on his speeding, here is something to do next time, if you have someone out in front that wants to take the lead and go hauling ass, if you just stand your ground and keep your normal speed and they keep pulling and pulling away we shit just let em keep going and they will one get the hint and slow down or the other get out of the cruise. there is no reason for us to have to worry bout getting a ticket and that is why i set or say who is leading so no one gets infront of the lead car, but it just seems like everyone is good but maybe one or two of em on the cruise, again guys i'm very very sorry for this to happen and will not stand for it to happen again, i want the cruises i put togather to be fun and safe and everyone to have a blast on, not something that ya'll don't enjoy, like i said i was getting irrated with my buddy for doing that shit and all of us having to keep up. cruise 80 in a 60 wasn't good for me, maybe max 70, but i still don't want to worry bout a ticket, but it does change depends on where i'm at on the road, i just want everyone to keep up and stay togather, also it looks alot better when we are all togather and not spread out like crazy. i'm very sorry guys again and can asure you this will all be worked out for the next one. i want the cruises i put togather to be a blast and something everyone can enjoy and want to come to the next one, i for one would for sure be joining WS if i was stayin up here, but i have other plans for when i get down to Houston and already have a club there that was started by a buddy and myself, and to be honest we have basically the same values that WS does, so it really works out great that we both are the same way on thinking, i wouldn't want this to happen in my club on a cruise and i sure don't want it to happen with ya'll guys up here, like i said a million times i'm very sorry and don't let this not have you go to the next cruise i have going on 12 june.

ASh

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Dammit I don't know weather to:cry: or be \ you all beat me to the punch again while I have been down for 2 days. Everything said from everyone above is exactly what I would have said. Thanks everyone..

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
i'm truly sorry for the guys that went on the cruise i put togather, i did bring it up to my wife that it was retarded that we are having to downshift all the time to catch up with the front, be asure the next one that I put togather will be said at the beginning of the cruise the rules, i didn't think we would have the problem we did this time but it happen and we live and learn, i just put these togather and want everyone to have fun, i didn't like it that one of us on the cruise didn't want to come along, made me feel really bad, if that is the case we can put one member up front and then everyone follows that one person, i don't have a problem wih that, i put these on cuz i want to get a group togather where we have fun, not a time where ya'll don't enjoy, i know drake and i have talked on the phone on sunday when all this happen and i was agreeing with him on this speed control. i for one don't care to go on a cruise and have to worry about getting a speeding ticket or the other that i have my wife and kids with me and have to do speeding with em, i understand if guys get up front and we have some time and they want to have some fun, thats all kewl. but we all have to stick togather and know that each other driving, this will be corrected for next time, i'm so sorry this happen and understand that it bother me by how we were driving but i was also having to catch up and yes that is my prob cuz that was my buddy, so i take the fall for his action on his speeding, here is something to do next time, if you have someone out in front that wants to take the lead and go hauling ass, if you just stand your ground and keep your normal speed and they keep pulling and pulling away we shit just let em keep going and they will one get the hint and slow down or the other get out of the cruise. there is no reason for us to have to worry bout getting a ticket and that is why i set or say who is leading so no one gets infront of the lead car, but it just seems like everyone is good but maybe one or two of em on the cruise, again guys i'm very very sorry for this to happen and will not stand for it to happen again, i want the cruises i put togather to be fun and safe and everyone to have a blast on, not something that ya'll don't enjoy, like i said i was getting irrated with my buddy for doing that shit and all of us having to keep up. cruise 80 in a 60 wasn't good for me, maybe max 70, but i still don't want to worry bout a ticket, but it does change depends on where i'm at on the road, i just want everyone to keep up and stay togather, also it looks alot better when we are all togather and not spread out like crazy. i'm very sorry guys again and can asure you this will all be worked out for the next one. i want the cruises i put togather to be a blast and something everyone can enjoy and want to come to the next one, i for one would for sure be joining WS if i was stayin up here, but i have other plans for when i get down to Houston and already have a club there that was started by a buddy and myself, and to be honest we have basically the same values that WS does, so it really works out great that we both are the same way on thinking, i wouldn't want this to happen in my club on a cruise and i sure don't want it to happen with ya'll guys up here, like i said a million times i'm very sorry and don't let this not have you go to the next cruise i have going on 12 june.

ASh

Ash I agree totaly. i think its better for the guy who plans the cruise to lead the group at the posted speed limit. This keeps everyone together. Keep in mind that you also have to pay attention to the
line behind you as far as the stop lights go if the group gets cought you pull over and wait. Not everyone knows where they are going. It also helps to have the lead car communicating weather by hands free
cell or Walkie talkies to see how the line is going and make sure everyone is together. Sorry to hear about your buddies Viper. Racing is for the track and track only. I know its fun to melt the tires off here and there
but you have to think about what your doing and where your doing it at... there is a place and time for everything but def not on a cruise. Thank you for coming on forum and clearing the air. :)

txmach302

its not a prob, i was letting other people lead cuz they knew where we were going and also had the GPS, that is one reason i didn't jump up front and lead the way, its just like a convey everyone sticks togather, i do think of that when we are going anywhere togather waiting for the person if we get caught at a light or what have you.

i will say there wasn't any racing when this was going on, he was just going to fast around a turn, i don't mind if when we are on the highway and we are going to be going for alittle while and guys want to jump up front and have fun, but they need to jump/ slow back down with the group. i for one don't do alot of that stuff cuz i have my family with me and also i'm not one for getting a ticket, the next time will be diff for sure

ASh

BassMaster5000

Donator
I would just like to add my two cents for what its worth.. For the record, I have no ill will against anyone that any of my comments are directed at..

First off..
today was a bad day. i was left behind more than once. at one point i had to push 100 just to catch up...plus a viper put itself into a ditch on our cruise...im upset about how people handled themselves today

I agree that this was not the best cruise by far. As for being left behind.. I for one was one of the cars in the front.. I did my best, to keep my eye on the rear view to ensure that everyone made the lights/turns/wasn't falling out. While I didn't make it out to Rainier, I did go to the breakfast and back, and didn't at any time see anyone falling to far behind. As for the pushing 100 to catch up, that's your choice. I seem to remember that you had to rebuild a few things on your car, that wasn't due to normal wear and tear, or even that encountered on a closed course. I wont put you on blast, but you and I both know what I'm talking about. On the other hand, I do feel that you having to go that fast to catch up in unacceptable.

As for the other comments made, hind sight is 20/20. Like I stated above, I was in the front of the pack most of the time, and didn't notice all these problems that seemed to plague the whole cruise. My biggest thing is, if something is going so horribly wrong, why was nothing mentioned until after the cruise was over. I am willing to bet, that none of this would have come out if it weren't for the accident. While I myself will be the first to admit that I'm not the best Christian motorist, I can recall other members that have posted on this very topic that have not always displayed themselves in a manner that embodies the Wicked Stang's core values. I think we should all keep that in mind before we glorify ourselves online.

txmach302

i understand what you are saying, i think it may have gotten brought up even if the wreck didn't happen, cuz i member telling my wife and it was mainly after ya'll broke off from the cruise, again guys everything will come togather for the next one

ASh

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Well I haven't said much about this but I know for a fact that a few of us have done stuff we shouldn't have done and posted on here like they have never done shit and only do it on the track. Like I said I am guilty of it, get me on a straight away with no traffic and i'm gonna open my beast up, as for curvy mountains hey ill take them turns to see what my stang can handle. Anyone on here cant say they have never done it before or they would be lying. Stuff happens, it will continue to happen.