• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

WS Whidbey Carwashes Fundraiser Sunday 29 May

crossbreedgt

We have asked the local businesses in town about holding carwashes for fundraising..
Autozone said they are allowing only 3 washes a year now.. Arby's said they would love to but can't till construction is done.. Officemax welcomed us with open arms.

This Sunday, the 29th, we will be having a Fundraiser for WS Whidbey - weather permitting. I have been given permission to use the parking lot and hose. We need to bring soap and towels, etc. All proceeds are the WS Whidbey chapters' to keep and use as will be discussed at a later date.

Time for this event will be 10am - 3pm. It would be great if we can show up half an hour early at least = 9:15-9:30am. All hands are invited/requested.. Else I will be the only one out there.. No fun. Let's do this guys!

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Let's do this. Hopefully the rain will permit! Soji what did Pacific Raceways say?

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Yes I talked to the lady Barb that runs everything as well as they guy who runs the moter park. I did this last month. I thought I told you and Albert both about it already. I know I told Albert.
We give them notice and if we have more than 8 cars come they give us our own lane! We want to put on event like WS VS World or just a event between chapters they will give us full
support. Why did you guys think I brought up a WS WA chapter bbq july 8th at the track? We have our own area in grass we throw out pop ups and chairs. If you want to race you can if not ok.
I would bring my big grill ect... We have a summer picnic. Show they how many cars we can bring in and then plan a event like Mustangs vs world or a king of track between chapters. Have to give me notice
if we want a king of track so I can make trophy. I want to do it out of car parts. :)

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Phil, me you and Soji need to get on the phone today and discuss this. We need to start planning now. It's about a month away we need a head count for food, who's gonna race etc.... I'll be home all day today and have my phone on.

crossbreedgt

Lol... And back to the carwash side of things. If you can attend, please either post on here or notify myself or Albert. Thanks guys

Anthony Longoria

its probably not enough soap for all day but it will be more than enough to get us started just to see with what we are working with .....

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
I think I have some soap, couple of buckets and a few rags. Do we need to bring a hose? We will have to see about getting tire cleaner too.

crossbreedgt

Thanks everyone. The only thing officemax can provide is the hose. We need a pair of needle nose pliers to turn on the "anti theft" spicket and if one of you has a garden/car nozzle you prefer, please bring it or them.
As far as soap goes and things like that - as the day goes on we can get more supplies from the dollar store like chamois and soap. Drying towels and maybe a scrub brush/attachment for reaching the roof areas of midsize and larger vehicles would be a lifesaver.
The more supplies we bring, the better :)

crossbreedgt

Btw if someone wants to be creative or has kids that are.. I don't believe we have any sort of sign to use to flag people down from highway 20. A simple "Car Wash" sign would do and maybe someone could bring a card table and Albert brings our banner to attach to the front of the table? If anyone has a moneybox too that would be good.. Maybe nick has one

txmach302

i just read threw everything and then the date, sorry buddies i'm not going to be able to make it, so for sure want to do one, whats the money going to? Soji i'm starting a thread on this ideal i have cookin up in my head, so let me know what you think, its for a car wash ideal, i was just thinking bout it and then read this so it looks all good

ASh

Tony Balver

Oak Harbor, Wa
Donator
Hey guys if you guys figure out a date and place i can have my wife bring by a bucket, hose, nozzle, and a thing of turtle wax soap. Just let me know... Glad to see everyone is doing good!!!

crossbreedgt

Hey guys if you guys figure out a date and place i can have my wife bring by a bucket, hose, nozzle, and a thing of turtle wax soap. Just let me know... Glad to see everyone is doing good!!!
Thanks Tony from the support from far away. The carwash for today is at officemax @ 0930

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
i just read threw everything and then the date, sorry buddies i'm not going to be able to make it, so for sure want to do one, whats the money going to? Soji i'm starting a thread on this ideal i have cookin up in my head, so let me know what you think, its for a car wash ideal, i was just thinking bout it and then read this so it looks all good

ASh

Ash this was kinda short notice and far from you so we understand. The money is going to our chapter funds, this is one way to build funds for the chapter. We have some other ideas we are looking at doing. I read your thread and ya that sounds like a plan.