• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

WS Whidbey Help a Single Mother Fundraiser Opportunity

crossbreedgt

Hey again guys and girls,

It has been brought to my attention that there is a mother of 2 children ages 3 and 4 who is in need of our 'expertise'.

This lady has a 2002 Volvo twin turbo car. Not sure on the model but it has 4 doors. Transmission went out so she bought another one, had her car towed to a cheap shop to get it fixed. This shop was a friend of a friends cousins business - not certified. Her vehicle has sat for almost 3 months with no work done. On top of this, the mechanic is asking for payment in full before he starts work on her car now... Not good. Asap is her timeline - obviously not this mech's.

Can we come to the rescue and pick up her vehicle, take it to the auto hobby shop on base, and figure out how to install the tranny? She will give WS Whidbey $50 a week guaranteed for 4 weeks totaling $200 for our hard work. These funds will be allocated into our chapters bank excluding any gas, personal expenses we might use out of our pockets to accomplish this task.

Are we up for this challenge?

ben

Banned
ty i would have to look at it and see if i could. get with me tomorrow

crossbreedgt

so we have the go ahead and the funds from the owner of the volvo. btw it is a 2000 Volvo S80 model. all that needs done is loading it onto a flatbed and taking it to the hobby shop, and then swapping out the transmission. who would like to help this weekend/next week? this job needs to be completed asap and i cant do it alone..

Anthony Longoria

be sure to post the times you guys will be at the hobby shop and im sure we can have a good get together with technical knowledge and bring this car back up to par.

Tranny's no joke. how much is whidbeys storage fee. I would do some reading up to ensure you have all you need in parts prior to taling it there so you arent running back and firth to the store too much. Then your 200 will be going to storage and parts.

Good project though.

ben

Banned
we will have to have about 4 people to do this its goin to b a booger

crossbreedgt

stall fee is 4.50 per hour.. transmission is included in the parts list.. anything else will be covered by the funds already deposited for this job. a chiltons manual and reading up have been picked up.. we just need to get it done