• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

X Pipe or H Pipe???

X Pipe or H Pipe for Forced Induction???

• Total voters

Sean Beck

For you gentlemen that run turbos/superchargers, what mid pipe have you found to be the best....the X pipe or H pipe??? Have read mixed reviews on both but no one seems to give leeway to one or the other? Thanks!

Sean

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I prefer my H pipe. It really makes no difference in the HP, but I like the deeper drawl with the H pipe and it gets better torque then the X pipe.

Sean Beck

H or X?
What exhaust??? The Flowmaster 40 Series sounds phenominal....they also have the new Super 40 ( I believe its what its called)

Sean Beck

lol...my bad it covered your input didnt see that you said H Pipe.....I take it your running O/R H pipe? Thanks again guys you alls opinion is greatly appreciated!

northerncountry

I still have the stock H but upon return I am getting a X for better scavenging HP #s will be to follow when I get back and a new tune!

RonaldJamesThickness

Whidbey Island, WA
Donator
its mostly preference but most people go with the X based on the sound and better exhaust flow which inherently you will see a lil more of a HP increase but the difference is usually about a 5hp increase over the same brand H pipe but with the H pipes you will see more torque than the same brand X pipe personally i perfer the torque

so as far as superchargers go your exhaust preferences arent going to change much except for sound, now with a turbo your going to want something more custom to your setup

TayAngel05

the X pipe doesn't have the rasp of a H pipe but it isn't as deep...... as far as HP and TQ goes, there all really close.....the best sounding mid pipe on the market is the MAC prochamber....but it cost the most too.....
as far as turbo's go that is all custom, depending on single or twin turbos and placement of the said hair dryers.

Sean Beck

Thanks guys I really appreciate all your guys great input on this!! Ultimately its looking like "pick something that I prefer"....again all your opinions on the subject was greatly appreciated!

fangs99

The H or X pipe makes the biggest difference in sound out of the whole exhaust system.... Do some YouTube research