• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Chuckwalla Race Day

northerncountry

Sorry to bust your bubble soji, but still bring the helmet cause I have a passenger seat with your name on it!! it may not be the same as driving but hey its the second best thing. My reg # is 242 Yeah dave I WILL BE THERE!!! and ken and ethan I am really looking forward to chaseing down some porshes with our cars!!! Who knows maybe a Camero or two will be there we can embarass LMAO

Thanks Jon. I am kicking myself right now cause i think back and i remember you telling me that is the first thing i should do to the vert!! but what did i do? I said naw not yet and took another route. so here we are..

dtopford

wow thats just sad about the roll bar requirement for the verts, wonder if that applies to vettes as well?

2K7GTCS

Sorry for the long post, but we need to get organized for this trip to the desert!

For this event, which is a 3 hour drive from San Diego, the track schedule is:
Gate opens at 7:00 a.m.
Drivers meeting at 8:30 a.m.
Track opens as 9:00 a.m.

Jon and Soji are planning to drive on Saturday and Sunday, so driving up on Saturday morning to arrive no later then 8:00 a.m., means leaving San Diego no later then 5:00 a.m.
Ken, Ethan, and I are driving on Sunday only, so we were just planning to drive up on Saturday morning.

GAS
There is fuel available at the track, but it is expensive. The best option is to top off in Indio on the way there.

FOOD
They have a BBQ shack on site, so you can get breakfast and lunch, but NOT dinner. There is also a Cafe just down the street from the track...

LODGING
The hotel situation is not good right now, as everything is booked up in Indio (50 miles west of the track), but there are plenty of rooms in Blythe (50 miles east of the track). The other option is to stay at the track in trailers available on site for $125 per night, but it is a 2 night minimum, with a max of 4 people per trailer. This means driving up on Friday to be at the Track by 7:00 p.m.

The track will also allow for tent camping, which is an interesting option. The forecast is hi 78 / lo 58 for the whole weekend, so it should be perfect weather for this.
When I was there in October, I was prepared to tent camp until Soji and Gwen showed up with thier Sons, so we all drove back to Indio to stay the night there instead.

MEET-UP
I propose we meet-up at Bennigans in Mission Valley for the drive out. Now we just need to figure out if we are going up Friday night or Saturday morning...

HERE IS THE ROUTE

Let me know what you all want to do, I am up for anything.

~David

2K7GTCS

OK, I think we've got it sorted out finally.

Jon and I are going up Friday, and will be staying at the track. Everyone else is driving up on Saturday. I recommend you meet-up and head out early since it is a long drive. So here is the roster for scheduled attendees and drivers:

NorthernCountry (D)
V.I. Massive (D?)
Mrs. V.I. Massive
BadBullitt (D)
IgottaV8 (D)
sdsubzero4
MustangCWO
2K7GTCS (D)

This is sure to be a great weekend -> a fantastic road trip, some hot lapping at a fast smooth track, and hanging out with the best late model mustang club in the country!

Somebody pick a departure time for Saturday and post it!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I have never been there so I will need to get the address. If anyone is going, I'm suggesting we meet at the Denny's on Mira Mesa Blvd at 6am on Saturday. Give me a call and let me know if you guys want to meet up. Otherwise, I'm just going to leave from home.