• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Chuckwalla Race Day

2K7GTCS

No, he can't. But that is Easter weekend, so my guess is, most active service members will be in port.

I love it I love it. Jon you won't regret it. This track is the business. You know if i'm willing to fly in from out of state to make a second run on it, its gotta be good!!!

2K7GTCS

OK Jon, I added you to the list. I hope you get to come out this time...

2K7GTCS

We will definitely want to roll as a group. Not sure if we'll want to go up on Friday, or just leave early Saturday morning. The event is set to start around 0900, so if we left on Saturday morning, we would have to roll out about 0600.
I am planning to watch on Saturday and drive on Sunday, and probably spending the night in Indio on Saturday, which is about 50 miles from the track.

I guess it really depends on who is actually going, and what they want to do. I can't believe there isn't more interest in this...

2K7GTCS

I'm adding Ethan (IgottaV8) and Ken (BadBullitt) as they've both told me they plan to attend and drive.
With 1 day left for triggering an extended group discount, we're only half way there, as we still need 5 more drivers to commit.

The sign-up for pre-registering as a group will end tomorrow at 1800 hours.

If we don't get enough drivers, then we will just go ahead and register individually.

~David

2K7GTCS

I got mine:
The following are the details of your registration.
------------------------------------------------------
Registration Number: 2??
Date Registered: Friday 15 April, 2011

Dates Selected
1 x April 24th Chuckwalla Valley Raceway = $150.00
Add Instruction for 2 Sessions: No Instruction
Sub-Total: $150.00
Total: $150.00

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
Sorry can't register today, looks like we won't get the discount :(

BadBullitt

Old Guys Rule!
Ethan and I are both signed up for Sunday. This will be our first time on a road course. It will be so refreshing to drive hard without worrying about cops (no offense to my cop friends)=

BadBullitt

Old Guys Rule!
Hey Dave,
Ethan and I were planning on rolling out Saturday morning. Hopefully we can all cruise together. This is going to be epic.

northerncountry

ok guys I contacted Star motorsports they are the company that is organising the event and they said if your driving a convertable you HAVE TO HAVE A ROLL BAR OR CAGE. I know this is late information I know VImassive was hoping to get the vert on the track. Sorry for the late info.

2K7GTCS

ok guys I contacted Star motorsports they are the company that is organising the event and they said if your driving a convertable you HAVE TO HAVE A ROLL BAR OR CAGE. I know this is late information I know VImassive was hoping to get the vert on the track. Sorry for the late info.

Wow Jon, that is unfortunate. Either this is a new rule, or they were not enforcing it before. It sure doesn't say that anywhere on their website, or on the track's main website. I mean, the first thing you do is sign a release of liability before you can get into the paddock, even just to watch!

Are you still planning to run your car both days?

...It will be so refreshing to drive hard without worrying about cops (no offense to my cop friends)=

LOL Ken! Maybe I should get one of those dash mounted lights and then we can play Need for Speed Hot Pursuit! My car is the "black and white"!!

Glad you are both signed-up. We will definitely plan to cruise out there together. Heck, even the drive itself is epic, one of the most scenic drives around here.

I'm really excited to be going back, especially after being at the races in Long Beach this last weekend. There is nothing else like it.

I will post more details about the weekend schedule, the meet-up, and hotel options soon. I really hope we get a lot of support form the rest of the club, even if it's just to watch. Heck, if you bring a helmet, you are sure to get a ride on track with somebody!

Well I guess now i'll be going just to watch......++ The Massive one is way too far to lay down some laps this time. And we have not gotten to the rollcage stage in the vert yet.