• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Crazy Idle,help!!

Windveil Blues

OLD FART
Hey man, get a can of carb cleaner or brakeclean and start the car up... while idling, hose the shit out of your vacuum hoses. That rough idle is a big sign you may have a vacuum leak. I have found MANY a leak on MANY a Ford.

Good luck,

Jim

Gawthle

Windveil Blues said:
while idling, hose the shit out of your vacuum hoses.

spray the lines with carb cleaner while its running? whats that gonna do? or rather, what am i looking for while i do it?

Windveil Blues

OLD FART
When you spray the vacuum lines while it's running, the carb cleaner or brakeclean will momentarily plug any leak, and the idle will change immediately. Then you'll know which hose you're after or at least suspect being bad.

Jim
Gawthle said:
spray the lines with carb cleaner while its running? whats that gonna do? or rather, what am i looking for while i do it?

Gawthle

Windveil Blues said:
When you spray the vacuum lines while it's running, the carb cleaner or brakeclean will momentarily plug any leak, and the idle will change immediately. Then you'll know which hose you're after or at least suspect being bad.

Jim

oh wow. what an awesome tip !

thatll help me with my 66, too !

ill try it after class and let ya'll know

any ideas of which hoses, or what general area i should start?

W

wickedstangs

Gawthle said:
oh wow. what an awesome tip !

thatll help me with my 66, too !

ill try it after class and let ya'll know

any ideas of which hoses, or what general area i should start?

PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND DO NOT ACCIDENTALLY SPRAY YOUR HEADERS... TRUST ME PLEASE BE VERY CAREFULL DOING THIS.... BUT IT DOES WORK....

W

wickedstangs

beejay31000 said:
so....what happens if you get it on your headers??

I know they are suppose to be Non-Flammable but, some are..
MSDS

Remember the car has to be on to do the test and if you accidentally spray the hot headers FIRE FIRE...:)

Gawthle

wickedstangs said:
Remember the car has to be on to do the test and if you accidentally spray the hot headers FIRE FIRE...:)

i've had my share of engine fires, but ill be careful :eek:

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
sounds like fun....the closest to an engine fire ive ever been was when we rally'd a geo metro til it died then blew it up and had a party around it....fun times

Gawthle

ok, so finally found the battery for my camera, so here are the very delayed pictures

im hoping you guys will see something way out of place or obviosuly messed up and it will be a 2 second "plug that in"

i wish life were that easy:bs:

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

W

wickedstangs

IMG_0885.jpg

What is all that crap for? If you don't need it remove it. Looks like an alarm system, Which probably doesnt work anymore. Right