• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

just some pointers in the right direction

Tommy

electronic distributorless ignition system they get them out of late model 5.0 explorers ..

I really haven't seen any benefit from that, unless I haven't seen such.

Altough it looks cool, I would advise to stick to whats been proven.

I have a thread in here where I swapped a 460 into a 79 F250 4x4. I thought it would be cool to go EDIS, and I regret it. I lost over $600 in doing so by buying something that literally fried while I was driving. I later spent another $700 or so to go with an MSD setup. That works like a charm

TEXSSP91

I really haven't seen any benefit from that, unless I haven't seen such.

Altough it looks cool, I would advise to stick to whats been proven.

I have a thread in here where I swapped a 460 into a 79 F250 4x4. I thought it would be cool to go EDIS, and I regret it. I lost over $600 in doing so by buying something that literally fried while I was driving. I later spent another $700 or so to go with an MSD setup. That works like a charm

yea thats true ...

TEXSSP91

just a update guys .. thanks for every thing ... and i decided to start on the 5 lug swap first so ... i will get

fox a arms with SN-95 ball joints
Cobra sn95 hub assembly
Cobra SN-95 rear axel .. on ebay for 600 ...
roush calipers
and rotors front and rear

but i dont know what master cyclender to use
and front and rear equlizing valve

any info .. thanks ..

any thing esle that im missing ?

ears

alright, edis is like this.

on the 94-95 cars ford did away with the distributor and added a external coil driver. thats the edis 8 module. its bolted to the pass side strut tower. on cars above 95 they kept the edis idea, but built the coil drivers into the ecu. but they still called it edis. because they used the same edis coil packs. but not the external driver. so in order for you to do this swap on a pushrod motor, pre96 basically. you would need the trigger wheel, the crank sensor. the coil packs, and the coil driver. there are other parts. but bolting a edis 8 on a motor with a distributor is a bit differant than what im doin, but in ways its simmilar.

on my set up, ive already got the fake edis, if you wanna call it that. all i needed was the external edis8 module from the jy. you would need the whole set up. the harness and all. including coils.

now. the mega squirt, its an ecu. its set up generally to run on edis 8 but any crank trigger ignition system can be modified to work with it if you had to.

its a kinda do it yourself ecu that in the process teaches you alot about how the ecu works and how to program it, and all that stuff. diy auto tune is the company that sells it and they have all the write ups on their website including the mega manual which is a all you would ever want to know and more about the squirt. its not street leagal so dont think youll ever be able to install it and drive legally on cali streets, unless your registered out of state.

as far as cost goes. my ms cost me about 700 for everything ecu, harness, tuning cable, and everything else. the edis will cost you what ever you end up needing, mostly from a jy. if you need anything else related to ms, let me know. either that or lordgufi is a guru on this sort of thing........ hes an electrical nerd!

Tommy

just a update guys .. thanks for every thing ... and i decided to start on the 5 lug swap first so ... i will get

fox a arms with SN-95 ball joints
Cobra sn95 hub assembly
Cobra SN-95 rear axel .. on ebay for 600 ...
roush calipers
and rotors front and rear

but i dont know what master cyclender to use
and front and rear equlizing valve

any info .. thanks ..

any thing esle that im missing ?

Roush calipers?????

What year? '99 and up Roush cars had optional brake upgrades, but most had stock GT brakes since all Roush vehicles start life as a stock assembly line vehicle

Ford1288

Donator
I would venture to say a 95 cobra master cylinder would be good and an adjustable proportioning valve.

M

Mustangcwo

What is your expected ending horse power. If you are planning on swapping out the rear axles, a 31 spline should be your first option. Along with those splines you want to upgrade your track locker and possibly install a C-Clip eliminator. If you're planning on digging into the rear, you should also install the gears you want...4:10, 3.73 or maybe the 3.90. Also, get the tubes welded up and install a girdle.....are you broke yet? See, all of this is not necessary, depends on what you want the car to do and how much Horsepower is going into the pony.

Rework is money...do it all the first time and you'll be much happier in the long run. Just ask any one of us!!

OK, I finally spoke!!

Tommy

notice the PBR on top of the caliper? That's the same manufacturer that makes the 94-04 Cobra/Mach 1 brakes. Infact, its the same design except for the name printed on it.

These are pics pic of my calipers, off a 98 Cobra:

DSC03683-1.jpg

DSC03686.jpg

These are Danny's, SDSubzero4, off a 2003 Cobra. Pretty much the same thing, and same mounting points on the spindle

PICT5639.jpg

ears

What is your expected ending horse power. If you are planning on swapping out the rear axles, a 31 spline should be your first option. Along with those splines you want to upgrade your track locker and possibly install a C-Clip eliminator. If you're planning on digging into the rear, you should also install the gears you want...4:10, 3.73 or maybe the 3.90. Also, get the tubes welded up and install a girdle.....are you broke yet? See, all of this is not necessary, depends on what you want the car to do and how much Horsepower is going into the pony.

Rework is money...do it all the first time and you'll be much happier in the long run. Just ask any one of us!!

OK, I finally spoke!!

tell me about it. god knows ive spent way tooo much money on buying parts that im not gonna use in the end! for example just an example, i bought an ac delete. and then i put on a hob dedicated drive........ and that does away with the ac anyway............ even though it was only like 50-75 bucks but its only one of the things i wasted money on...... because i didnt research anc plan before i purchased!

Foxman

CORRAL.NET forum is your friend... Every single question you have asked is on that forum in a 100 million threads explained in pictures and detail.. not trying to take away from the the wickedstangs forum its a great place and i have learned a lot here... but google and the corral forum is your friend and helps answer a lot of your questions! just trying to make it easier on everyone...