• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

MY BUILD THREAD. lots of PICS

fangs99

Hey guy's, I know it's been a while since anyone except Andy has seen my car and know whats going on with it. I'll start will some old pics not long after i got the car.
002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

fangs99

Now here's a few after a complete drivetrain and suspension upgrade. UPR K-member, custom fabed sub frames, SRA swap and build. V spec T-56, full exaust.

017.jpg

018.jpg

022.jpg

fangs99

The car was alot of fun like this but after a while the factory head gaskets desided that my pistions wanted water instead of gas. And this along with a bent rod were the results.

049.jpg

fangs99

So now for the tear down .......this is where Andy (Foxman) deserves a TON of credit. so once again, THANK YOU ANDY. Foxman gets S@#t done.

061.jpg

064.jpg

065.jpg

068.jpg

067.jpg

069.jpg

070.jpg

fangs99

Now for the engine tear down. Also done by Andy while I was on some boat/fallon det.

The origonal plan was an eaton swap w/the motor build. ANDY later talked me out of it.
071.jpg

072.jpg

073.jpg

077.jpg

076.jpg

075.jpg

074.jpg

fangs99

So...with the Heaton swap sold I picked up a set of GT supercar cams and ported 01 cobra heads that had COMP springs and needed a valve job. the heads had mixed mached valves, so the heads were cc'd, the port work was checked, and the valve springs checked to make sure they could handle the cams.
103.jpg

098.jpg

100.jpg

101.jpg

fangs99

Along with a valve job, I added a set of MMR ss +1mm valves
008.jpg

Now for the bottom end. 04 SVT/MANLEY rods and -9cc Diamond pistons along w/ a 03-04 crank
014.jpg

012.jpg

013-1.jpg

my 99 teskid block was punched out .010
010.jpg

fangs99

And time for a little eye candy....MMR oil pan
011.jpg

AND............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ Timing cover BLING BLING Mother F**'ERS

182.jpg

HOPEFULLY, the longblock (built by Nate/ Elky406) will be done this week so Andy and I can get the motor buttoned up and back in the car so it can go to ALL OUT PERFORMANCE for the fuel system and some custom fab power adder stuff....
Foxman will be updating this thread while i'm deployed.

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
Thanks for the thread!! This is really good. Hopefully everything works out for ya... After what you have been thru with this car, it should have 1000+ hp.

fangs99

THANKS JOE, well for now the clutch and injectors will be the limiting factor. the clutch is rated for 600tq and the 60lb inj are good for a little over 700whp. i'll need to learn how to tame it before i go up any higher.
plus it will let me keep my 3.73's a little longer. once i pass 700 whp it will be time for 3.55's or 3.31's

Foxman

nothing yet man... We got your main and rod studs... and i believe your engine is next in line