• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

My POS...any ideas?

M

Mustangcwo

OMG!!!! Somebody kill this thread and the one covering Ear's Slowbra. I've never seen so much time wasted on such craziness!!! :rofl:

boostedmach

true dat!!

hay boosted i heard you were thinkin of a dedicated drive on that beast!!!

i know its expensive. and honestly its a real pain in the ass to get the whole thing together. and there isnt alot of support for it........ but the goods comes in when you actually put it on the car. its guaranteed up to 34 psi. absolutely zero slip. guaranteed. and the guy was saying. that because it is set up the way it is. you dont have all the tention on the serpentine drive its all on the blower belt and since the blower belt is set up off the face of the motor. you will prty well never have to change your belt again!! unlike putting the blower inline with the serpentine drive which stresses the hell out of the beltand is very prone to slip at higher rpms.... and even lower rpms!

so with all that. contact house of boost and tgheyll hook you up. i talk to jeremy when i call. hell let you know what will be optimal for your specific application. be it a dedicated drive. or just a thicker belt or what have you.

Sounds good, but for now..the goal is getting it ready for MVTW! I'll be there....will you?

M

Mustangcwo

Sounds good, but for now..the goal is getting it ready for MVTW! I'll be there....will you?

That's what I'm talking about. Boosted is stepping up to the plate and will be there to run his CAR!!!! Ear's...sounds like a call out to me. BOOSTED VS. THE SLOWBRA!!!

boostedmach

That's what I'm talking about. Boosted is stepping up to the plate and will be there to run his CAR!!!! Ear's...sounds like a call out to me. BOOSTED VS. THE SLOWBRA!!!

Its costing me all the money i got right now...but hey what the hell.

Hmmmm boosted vs ears... battle of the no-shows

ears

im down, if the ole girl is on the road

shouldnt be a problem if i get a few to work on her

ill be more than happy to race ya boosted! give me some motivation to get her nice and tuned up. well have to see how things work out. i only have a few more things but it seems any more that im at work more than in the garage!

boostedmach

im down, if the ole girl is on the road

shouldnt be a problem if i get a few to work on her

ill be more than happy to race ya boosted! give me some motivation to get her nice and tuned up. well have to see how things work out. i only have a few more things but it seems any more that im at work more than in the garage!

alright, You have a better setup i.e Dedicated drive, but hey it should be fun!

ears

thats what its all about!

but you have the advantage. your car is more likely to be running! lol!

we'll see! maybe we should put this in the call out thread! lol! so as of now we have what almost two and a half months exactly to be ready? that should do it.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
thats what its all about!

but you have the advantage. your car is more likely to be running! lol!

we'll see! maybe we should put this in the call out thread! lol! so as of now we have what almost two and a half months exactly to be ready? that should do it.

two and a half month? Really? You think your car will be ready by then? It took you over a year and well......how can I put this kindly.......NOT!!!!!!!!

ears

what a pesssamist! the count is on.ive been making progress. so i dont know it might actually happen. all i need now is the blower tubbing to be welded and the ecu installed. and shes at very least ready for the road. i did however break my windshield wiper couling. and those things are like 220 bucks i hear..... no bueno......... but hay... it has no bearing on the driveability so i no care!!!!!! lolol!! plus lucky me. i just so happen to have another sn95 layin around with a perfectly good one...... hhhhhhmmmmmm :rofl::rofl::rofl:

boostedmach

Found My big problem..

Crank Trigger...looks a lil fubar to me...has about 10* of play.

IMAG0166.jpg

IMAG0167.jpg

IMAG0168.jpg

Explains why we could not located the random Miss at part throttle, and why it falls on its face at higher RPM every time.

But also had leak by on a few exhaust valves. So All New SS Valves and new Springs are being installed now, along with some extra stuff.

Car is gonna be ready before I even get back from this underway...Cant WAIT!

-boosted

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Well glad you finally found the issue. It's always nice to have solid evidence of the problem. I'll be expecting to see some 7 sec passes at Barona! :popcorn:

ears

yea that sounds like it could cause some damage. i wonder how the crank actually took it!!

orange...... prty well gota pull apart the entire foward half of the motor just to see it. much less pull it off.

boostedmach

Well glad you finally found the issue. It's always nice to have solid evidence of the problem. I'll be expecting to see some 7 sec passes at Barona! :popcorn:

Im excited now, Killing a few birds while the engine is out.

Fixed my wiring issue with my Coil
Found the Crank Trigger wheel issue
Fixing the Leakdown problem I had with a few cylinders too.

I got some other goodies going on the car too, hope she runs well!

ears

may end up bein a beast........

but the slowbra will be on the prowl very soon to feast on such cute ponies as boosteds!!

hopefully ill be able to wire up the ecu this weekend i guess well see!