• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Pulled the axle today [**Started Build Up!**]

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
:der: B*tch my car didn't cost $42,000! It cost $3800 + Claudia's + the Carolla I drive still doesn't equal that. Sad thing is all 3 of mine are faster than yours :rofl::rofl:

yours is a trailor queen and mine is a DYNO KING..:)

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Well I managed to get some work done in the garage tonight even though I worked then went to school, got a call from the wife that the sink knob blew off and flooded the kitchen. Ran home and went to home depot and installed a new faucet then went back to school and finally ended up in the garage! whew....Anyway, first I set the housing on some blocks and then cracked the housing open and cleaned it out.
DSCN0599.jpg

Next I removed the old seal and bearing and replaced them with new ones.
DSCN0600.jpg

I installed my new 4.88 pinion and impacted it on as far as it will go. As far as gear installation goes, I stopped there until I get my tool that I made at work today welded up. It's basically a fork on a 3ft rod that has 3 holes in it. I'm going to bolt it to the pinion flange so I can tighten the crush sleeve with out the rearend moving around.
DSCN0601.jpg

I decided to mock up my Team Z relocated uppers and axle braces that I made. When I installed the Team Z uppers I did have to redrill the hole in the rod that holds the upper bushings together in order to get the bolt in. No biggie. Then the two arms that go from the upper control arm bolt to the housing by the pinion had to be elongated. Again no biggie.
DSCN0603.jpg

DSCN0602.jpg

Tommy

You had to drill and elongate the holes because it's meant to line up with bent 8.8" rear ends and yours has been straightened! :rofl: :rofl:

Just kidding. This Team Z stuff is great stuff. Can't wait to see my UPS driver next week :hello:

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
axle looks like crap. jk just wanted mix it up a lil haha dont listen to emilio he washed the amg with a scotch brite pad!!! :p and james i hope you blow the doors off emilio hahah