• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

2015 Mustang GT Concept

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
2015-Mustang-rendering-1024x680.jpg

Looks like an Aston Martin from the front. What does it look like from the rear? Sorry, but I don't think Monica will let you buy another Mustang this time around.

Red

I don't like the lower front end. Just looks funny to me the way it sticks out.

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
I like the new look. Doesn't really look like a mustang to me, but it still looks good

Ahhh...Nooo!! Does look like an Austin Martin V all the way. Although I like tose cars I like them for them. A Mustang should in no way shape or form ever resemble that!! Where is the Muscle!!!

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
They're copying dodge a bit. Dodge started putting identical front ends on a lot of their models as well

2K7GTCS

With the tremendous success for both Ford and the aftermarket during the last 25+ years, I doubt they'll screw it up too badly. Then again, Ford has been known to take risks in the past. There has never been much love for the second generation Mustang II, and many folks were anxious for something better when the Gen 3 Mustang came out. As for heritage, there was NOTHING about the FOX Body Mustang that identified it's lineage. It was simply a long hood short trunk sporty coupe/hatch. Turns out it was exactly what was needed to remain competitive during a difficult period of North American automotive evolution.

I'm guessing there were quite a few folks who found the FOX Mustang a little too foreign, and yet it was undeniably a game changer.

1979-mustang.jpg

I am very interested to see what Ford will do with the new car. If history is destined to repeat, I hope the new chassis is as successful as the '79 to '04 life cycle of the FOX platform. The prospect and potential of a brand new modern compact rear wheel drive platform is AWESOME.

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
I think it looks ok... but I honestly dont think its going to look like that at all.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
With the tremendous success for both Ford and the aftermarket during the last 25+ years, I doubt they'll screw it up too badly. Then again, Ford has been known to take risks in the past. There has never been much love for the second generation Mustang II, and many folks were anxious for something better when the Gen 3 Mustang came out. As for heritage, there was NOTHING about the FOX Body Mustang that identified it's lineage. It was simply a long hood short trunk sporty coupe/hatch. Turns out it was exactly what was needed to remain competitive during a difficult period of North American automotive evolution.

I'm guessing there were quite a few folks who found the FOX Mustang a little too foreign, and yet it was undeniably a game changer.

1979-mustang.jpg

I am very interested to see what Ford will do with the new car. If history is destined to repeat, I hope the new chassis is as successful as the '79 to '04 life cycle of the FOX platform. The prospect and potential of a brand new modern compact rear wheel drive platform is AWESOME.
I think my GRANDMA drove this exact car. Check out those hub caps, cool linear seats and most of all...rubber molding. BEAUTIFUL. :idhitit:

2K7GTCS

My point is simply that new styles can sometimes be difficult to absorb. The more plain something is initially, the greater opportunity for aftermarket design enhancements. My only real concern with the new Mustang platform is that the aftermarket will have: a. less incentive to upgrade "hard parts" like suspension and chassis bracing, and b. less opportunity for "soft parts" like tail light black-out panels, or quarter window louvers.

What Ford achieved with the design of the S197 platform is phenomenal in terms of how many companies are involved in making and selling parts for these cars. I just hope the market stays strong for both appearance and performance upgrades.

Even "Ugly Ducklings" can become beautiful in the end...

mike.mustang.2web.jpg