• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Absolutely outrageous!!!! WTF!

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Read the article...... I can not believe these kids were told to turn their American Flag shirts inside out because it was cinco de mayo..........................WTF is happening to this country?

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news...-sent-home-for-wearing-american-flag-t-shirts

Here is the article quoted....it was also touched on the news tonight too....

Five LOHS students sent home for wearing American flag T-shirts

May 5, 2010
By Lindsay Bryant

Five Live Oak High School students' First Amendment rights were challenged this morning when they were asked to leave school because they donned American flag T-shirts on Cinco de Mayo. Officials at the school chose not to comment on the situation, but one student said an official called the T-shirts "incendiary."

"They said we were starting a fight, we were fuel to the fire," said sophomore Matt Dariano.

The Morgan Hill Unified School District issued this statement: "In an attempt to foster a spirit of cultural awareness and maintain a safe and supportive school environment, the Live Oak High School administration took certain actions earlier today. The district does not concur with the Live Oak High School administration's interpretation of either board or district policy related to these actions."

The five teens were sitting at a table outside during their brunch break about 10:10 a.m. when Assistant Principal Miguel Rodriguez asked two boys to take off their American flag bandannas. The boys said they complied. In the same conversation, sophomore Dominic Maciel said, Rodriguez told the group to "walk with him to the office."

Dariano called his mother Diana, who spread the word to the other parents, who all arrived soon after to have a conference with Rodriguez and Principal Nick Boden. The group said they were not instigating anything and did what they always do at break - sit and talk and eat.

The boys were told they must turn their T-shirts inside-out or be sent home - and that it would not be considered a suspension - but that Rodriguez did not want any fights to break out among Mexican-American students and those wearing American flags. Dariano said other students were wearing American flags but since they were a group of five "we were the easiest target to cause trouble" according to Rodriguez, he said.

The boys told Rodriguez and Boden that turning their T-shirts inside-out was disrespectful, so their parents opted to take them home.

"I just couldn't believe it," said Dominic's mother Julie Fagerstrom. "I'm an open-minded parent, but it's got to be on both sides. It can't be five kids singled out."

A front-desk secretary said Boden was unavailable for any comment on what had happened Wednesday and Rodriguez was busy with testing, the secretary said.

More than 100 students were spotted wearing red, white and green as they were leaving school. Some had the Mexican flag painted on their faces or on their arms.

Nothing in Live Oak's dress code policy addresses what transpired Wednesday, but it does state that "the school has the right to request that any student dressing inappropriately for school will change into other clothes, be sent home to change, and/or be subject to disciplinary action."

One Mexican-American student, freshman Laura Ponce, had a Mexican flag painted on her face and chest, peaking out of her low-cut shirt. She did it because, "it's our day, the only day we can show our spirit." A school administrator took away the Mexican flag she was carrying as she was waiting to go home. Ponce said: "not cool."

"There was a lot of drama going on today," Ponce said. Some were saying "Mexico sucks" while Mexican-American students responded in their second language.

"Some were yelling Spanish to us," Maciel said, who is half-Hispanic. "I couldn't understand it, but it sounded bad."

Some Mexican-American students said that their flags were taken away or asked to be put away, but none were sent home for wearing red, white and green. Since Boden would not comment, it's uncertain if any other students were sent home for what they were wearing on Cinco de Mayo.

Live Oak High School even hosted a group of professional baile folklorico dancers, who waved flags and played traditional music from Mexico.

"It's sad it's come to this," Fagerstrom said. "But we stand behind their patriotic nature and the boys expressing their individuality."

The boys wrote a two-paragraph statement that they each signed detailing their support for American patriotism and that they felt disrespected and discriminated against when their First Amendment rights were discarded Wednesday at school.

"We were not going to start a fight. We wanted to show our pride," Dariano said.

Renegade

complete f*cking bullsh*t, im sorry but if that was me i wouldn't have went home quietly, i wouldn't have turned my shirt inside out and hid my pride and the symbol for our beloved country, i would have given those liberal f*cks what they accused them of. too bad none of those kids parents were military... i have a feeling this would have turned out a whole hell of a lot different.

yosemiddysam

Donator
I would be damned if My kids would have turned the flag I protect inside out. I would have turned the priciple inside out.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
we're too freaking fear to offend other people and what other perceive of us. I always have this conclusion, I give a damn what other countries feel about us. they don't like it, STFU! Until they can provide to other countries what the USA have provided to other countries in the past 70 years in the form of aides (money & food), military intervention/assistance (at the cost of American lives), etc. Those countries could just STFU! Don't come ask us for help if we are so "self-centered" or egotastical. I'm more then happy if we close our doors and take care of our own, God knows we have a lot to take care of here. And if you live here and you don't like it or have allegiance to your "Mother Land," well, the border is open and you are free to leave. Wave the flags of that country all you want. You are American, you live in USA, be proud of that, try that crap in the country you are so proud of, guarantee you some jail time. I'm not saying you shouldn't be proud of your heritage, NO! be proud of where your family comes from, learn of your history. That is what make this country great, its the different culture mixed in together to form a country that have different views and culture to experience. This in itself is the culture of USA, But don't forget, you are AMERICAN and you live in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. Don't go and protest your own country or fly a foreign flag over the American flag. If you must fly a foreign flag, make sure they are flown below the American flag. So to those that are fearful of offending someone, go back in your house and lock the door, because the Red/White/Blue don't run. If it starts a fight, it is a fight worth it. This is OUR land and that is OUR flag. It bows to no one. And they call themselves educators.....well learn some history. Appeasement don't get you crap. Ask the French and British what happen when they didn't want to "offend" Hitler and signed the non-aggression pact. That went well for them, didn't it?

I'm off my soap box.

yosemiddysam

Donator
It all started with the pledge of allegiance....now we cant even dres our kids with ole glory on thier shirts? So what happens when my son wears a shirt that says " My daddy is a Marine"? Does that mean that he cant get along with a kid with the same shirt but one of our other military groups? This is complete and utter bull **** and I really want to punch someone in the face right now......The more I think about it the madder I get!!!!!!!!!!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
It all started with the pledge of allegiance....now we cant even dres our kids with ole glory on thier shirts? So what happens when my son wears a shirt that says " My daddy is a Marine"? Does that mean that he cant get along with a kid with the same shirt but one of our other military groups? This is complete and utter bull **** and I really want to punch someone in the face right now......The more I think about it the madder I get!!!!!!!!!!

Find a f**king liberal and take care of it. But I hate to see you get in trouble for those worthless POS.

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
James I have been stewing all day about this since I saw it on the news last night. If you punch someone in the face, take pics....and earn the trouble you are gonna get for it...LOL

Gib

StarAngel

I hate the double standards that has become the norm in our beloved U.S.A.!!! You're correct Sub, everyone is so scared of getting arrested, sued or worse...but if we don't stand up for what our country stands for, "they" will win and our country will not belong to us anymore! My Mom is hispanic, my grandparents came over legally, (seen their papers). And even she is bothered by all this fear! She has spoken with many from Mexico who have told her that "Americans are stupid!". These people live here, get help from our governments-for free, all the while, in their own country, they own hotels, homes and businesses. Sure they are probably some of my own family doing the illegal stuff. But I say, come here legally!!!! Pay taxes, get legal social security numbers, be upstanding Americans. After all we are in America!

And I will wear or fly my flag whenever or wherever I want!!!!!!!! I need a new antennae ball. LOL

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
FOund this on another forum.... it uses the name Jose Illegal in it, but substitute that name for any one you want.....we have illegals from every other country out there and this isnt just against the ones coming from Mexico....

EDIT: Bad info....................

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
sure why not......

The ACLU is fighting for the illegal immigrants in AZ.....not this injustice against the American Flag!

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Sorry, if I got everyone all riled up about this. But every once in awhile something happens that just gets me pissed off.....this is one of those times....Where I grew up everything is buy America, America the great, America #1, ETC ETC ETC....you get the idea of what I am getting at. This has nothing to do with race, color, country of origin, or any of that....It is about the American FLag being held below another countries flag, however brief it doesnt matter. The Flag should never be lowered to another on any US soil.......

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Since the Pledge of Allegiance & The Lords Prayer

Are not allowed in Schools anymore

Because the word 'God' is mentioned...

A Kid in Ohio wrote the attached:

NEW School prayer:

Now I sit me down in school
Where praying is against the rule.
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of Him very odd.

If scripture now the class recites,
It violates the Bill of Rights.
And anytime my head I bow
Becomes a Federal matter now.

Our hair can be purple, orange or green,
That's no offense; it's a freedom scene.
The law is specific, the law is precise.
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.

For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone with no faith at all.
In silence alone we must meditate,
God's name is prohibited by the state.

We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks.
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible.
To quote the Good Book makes me liable.

We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King.
It's 'inappropriate' to teach right from wrong,
We're taught that such 'judgments' do not belong.

We can get our condoms and birth controls,
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles.
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,
No word of God must reach this crowd.

It's scary here I must confess,
When chaos reigns the school's a mess.
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
Should I be shot; My soul please take!
Amen

If you aren't ashamed to do this,
Please pass this on.
Jesus said,
'If you are ashamed of me,
I will be ashamed of you before my Father.'

Not ashamed. Pass this on.

Renegade

this sh*t has been on my mind all f*cking day this is really digging in deep and getting to me... thank GOD i didn't go to walmart after work or i probably would have snapped at someone

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
The Joe vs Jose post was not correctly done by whoever I copied it from....the math was wrong...