• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Adding some goodies this month

SilverSurfer619

So I think I'm going say screw you california emissions:: and I'm going to get BBK long tube headers and a BBK O/R X-pipe. I also want to get my gears done 3.73 from the lame stock 2.73 and going with the Bama tune. What do you guys think?

Ford1288

Donator
I think you will regret having illegal parts and the headache it causes. If you are that serious about power just save up for a supercharger.

Gears are definitely a must, you'll love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverSurfer619

I dont have to worry about smoging for a long time. I just have to worry about the po-po pulling me over. Theres a video on youtube of a 2011 v6 with BBK long tube headers and a BBK O/R X-pipe Roush exhaust and C&L CAI which are the two things i already have. It sounds awesome to me. I was like holly crap last night when i seen the video.

Ferocious

Chula Vista
I know dozens of people with lt's in California. You just have to go to the right place when you get it smogged ;)

As for the gears & tune, that will surely wake up your car.

SilverSurfer619

I'm not to worried about it but my dad is trying to talk me out of it. I really just want to wake up the car. Its going to sound bad ass. :bounce: I cant wait to get the gears

GhostRider

I dont have to worry about smoging for a long time. I just have to worry about the po-po pulling me over. Theres a video on youtube of a 2011 v6 with BBK long tube headers and a BBK O/R X-pipe Roush exhaust and C&L CAI which are the two things i already have. It sounds awesome to me. I was like holly crap last night when i seen the video.

Post up the video you saw!! Like Ford1288 said, It will be a head ache if you have illegal parts, when it comes time to do smog (trust me I know through experience). On the same note Ferocious is right, if you have a hook-up at a preferred shop then you might be straight, but it will cost you some extra $$! Now as for PD or Sheriff's checking out your car, they most likely won't care a whole lot unless they already have you for something else. (i.e. Speeding, Reckless driving, ect...) CHP... That's another story. They're on their OFP (Own F****** Program). So it's really up to you whether you want to chance it or not.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Ghostrider is correct in his post on the PD and Sheriff and CHP. If you go Longtube and all that, you will never be able to pass smog and register your car. Unless you have someone you can go to for those things. You are then taking a chance of not only doing something that can land you in jail for fraud and may have your registration permanently revoked. Its just something for you to consider.
There are many aftermarkets parts for V6 that will wake the car up and there are superchargers you can purchase for the V6, look into Kenne Bell, they might have something for the V6 and they are smog legal.
Just something to think about before you do something that may cause you more headaches then its worth just to get better sound and a little more power.

Ford1288

Donator
I know for a fact there are street legal superchargers for your car. I'm too lazy to do the research for you right now.

Plus it would be sick to have a quiet V6 that will put the hurt on ya.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Lots of good advice in here. It's your car, do as you want. There is always a way to get your car smogged and I've doing it for years and various vehicles...you just have to pay a little more and know the right people. The CHP/PD/LGBT ect are not a problem. They can enjoy their so called green world and I'll enjoy my freedoms.

I'll take my money, my cars, my guns and my liberty...THEY CAN KEEP THE CHANGE!!!!

tim burdette

woo im goin fast..oh shit im in the air...not good
i agree with all that has been said, im sure ive seen kenne bell SC for the newer V6 but it will release all that horse power ford set you up to be able to have. when it comes to the gears and tune, your gonna be able to tell a BIG difference in the power as long as its done right. ive drove a of the 2010 V6 with gears tune pipes and a bigger TB and it was a great run.

tim burdette

woo im goin fast..oh shit im in the air...not good
i just look at kenne bell and i didnt see and for the V6s but theres more then just that. ive heard great things about prochargers

SilverSurfer619

Lots of good advice in here. It's your car, do as you want. There is always a way to get your car smogged and I've doing it for years and various vehicles...you just have to pay a little more and know the right people. The CHP/PD/LGBT ect are not a problem. They can enjoy their so called green world and I'll enjoy my freedoms.

I'll take my money, my cars, my guns and my liberty...THEY CAN KEEP THE CHANGE!!!!

HAHAHAHA Well said. Thanks for the advice guys. Todd can you help me out with the gear install when I get them?
heres the link to the video
a longer video with the install
heres a dyno of the same car

GhostRider

Hey Silver, This V6 sounds like yours (before the headers / x-pipe). Honestly when I heard your exhaust at the BBQ, I thought it had some sleeper like qualities to it. It's not too noticeable until you let on the throttle. Then it makes you def. lol that's what really sets you apart from the crowd. Most have loud exhausts that rumble and growl all the time. Yours is definately more stealthy. What sound are you trying to go for in the end?

SilverSurfer619

The one video shows his set up before the headers and its exactly the same as mine. I just want something mean. Something that will make people go deaf and say ++ lol. I like my car being a sleeper but in the end i really want an exhaust set up that makes the car sound how it was really meant to be heard

SilverSurfer619

I checked again to see what superchargers are availiable for my car and the only one thats out there is the procharger which is illegal in CA. This is a mod im going after in a few years. If you guys come across another one let me know.

fattea2220

Oklahoma Chapter VP,
That sucks about smog laws in Cali, we are pretty lucky in Oklahoma, no emission laws what so ever. I have no cats on my car, It was EXTREMELY LOUD

fattea2220

Oklahoma Chapter VP,
But is sounded awesome, and opened up a lot of HP and low end torque. around 15 to 20 on HP and TQ, but Im sure you would have trouble passing the emissions test. Resonators was a must on my Stang, quiet it down and sounds like a 03 cobra. Love it, If you ask me, If you want it, Do it!