• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

All members please read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yosemiddysam

Donator
I am just unsure about how the whole donating thing works....My time is VERY valuable and I have visited the race care several times, Gave away my dyno pulls to CLUB members, and donated. I know the site takes money, but why not charge to be a full on member????? why not Let the guest be guest and only have certain rights but those of us that go to meets, race with the Wicked Stangs banner, and contribute have full access??????

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
yose....i understand exactly where you are comming from. i am not in the loop on what exactly is going on, but i can spectuate. with this boom in membership our site had to be allowed to use more bandwith. that costs more money, and that must be the reason for requesting these donations. everything costs money my friend. you are a valuble member of this WS organization, and if needed i will gladly have half of my donations credited to you to keep you around. ;)

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
So how much are you looking for from each member yearly?

Just a guesstimate is fine

That way people can budget out and if donations have to go up a little each year that would be fine with us, me and the wife.

I also like the new post about how much is in the coffers and how much to keep the site running cost is a good idea.

Maybe quarterly updates?

Jack and Jo

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
I dont want to comment on this one as this is Emilio's area to make the rules, I just inform. Yeah I had that other post planned but didnt have the info yet.

Gib

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Well HP Squared and VP....I am sure you are both good for quite awhile.....LOL

Gib

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
Well HP Squared and VP....I am sure you are both good for quite awhile.....LOL

Gib

LMAO!!!

The only reason I was asking is that I am a member of an Offroad site and they charge 20 a year for what they call "Red Star" access. This gives members on the site full access and the option to renew automatically every year via PayPal.

I also like the idea of a 30-90 day "Free Trial" to the site's Full Options to see if they want to stick around.

Just throwing some ideas out there.

Jack

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
So how much are you looking for from each member yearly?

Just a guesstimate is fine

That way people can budget out and if donations have to go up a little each year that would be fine with us, me and the wife.

I also like the new post about how much is in the coffers and how much to keep the site running cost is a good idea.

Maybe quarterly updates?

Jack and Jo

Jack,
I never wanted to charge members anything, I wanted our Sponsor to take care of that. Right now some of our Sponsors have done monetary value stuff that deserve posting there info up like we have. But, like explained our Bandwidth as increased at an alarming rate. What I did is really nothing, except try to thank all those who have donated, By giving them more stuff to do on the site. All, donators should be happy if you see someone asking how did you post your avatar or upload pics you could reply, I like this site so much, I donated. The forum is still free and open to everyone you don't have to donate. All I did was give the donators more priviledge to the site.. Just the only way I can thank you. If I received no money from anyone Wicked Stangs will still survive as long as I have income coming in:).

well i just signed up the the platnum member service 25/mo

Thanks VP

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
Jack,
I never wanted to charge members anything, I wanted our Sponsor to take care of that. Right now some of our Sponsors have done monetary value stuff that deserve posting there info up like we have. But, like explained our Bandwidth as increased at an alarming rate. What I did is really nothing, except try to thank all those who have donated, By giving them more stuff to do on the site. All, donators should be happy if you see someone asking how did you post your avatar or upload pics you could reply, I like this site so much, I donated. The forum is still free and open to everyone you don't have to donate. All I did was give the donators more priviledge to the site.. Just the only way I can thank you. If I received no money from anyone Wicked Stangs will still survive as long as I have income coming in:).

That sounds cool, we will help out where we can, just ask!!

Jack and Jo