• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Awards/Ribbons/Suggestions

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
I went in the 8's so I would like to get that Half Track Weeken Warrior Award.

Shane361

I have a silver star on my NAM...and well 4 rows and then some but not really worried about them..lol

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
i think its funny how the navy gets so many ribbons....you see PO3's with like 4 rows......WTF

I had 3 and a half rows as an E4. I guess it all depends on where you are stationed and how active your command is and what you do. I had a combat tour under my belt at that time and a few other deployments.

But Navy and Marines have the same ribbons and medals for the most part. Same criteria on how they are earned.

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
i think its funny how the navy gets so many ribbons....you see PO3's with like 4 rows......WTF

End of Tour NAM was so common then that if people didn't get one they get mad.

I agree though, the Navy has gotten out of hand with ribbons. I used to spend hours trying to figure out the stars and order of precednce that it would drive me crazy!! Especially if I had to do a Uniform Inspection.

Shane361

Never in my 16 years have I seen an P03 with 4 rows. As an E4 with 3 rows I got clowned cause I had more than I should as an E4. I picked up E5 rite after that though. I have 6 NAMs for being in the rite place at the rite time. Some were for major inspections I played huge roles in, one was for heavy lifting two Minehunters to the Middle East, and some were end of tours. Three years busting your butt..ok sure. I agree some are candy though but most are rite place rite time.