• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

[Dec 29, 2012] Temecula Wine Cruise (san diego, ca)

2K7GTCS

Make sure you add gas station with Premium gas along the route for us guzzlers. ;)

Guzzlers are covered. 1st stop is at the AM/PM on Deer Springs road. Then 120 miles later at the Chevron in Ramona...

rkarrow

Screamin' Demon Terminator
I'm really glad to hear about the gas stops because my car mileage is almost measured in gallons per mile.

Since my car has never been driven in the rain and I don't really want to break that tradition, rain would have kept me from going. The underside of my car looks almost brand new. Rain would have caused my wife to sit and glare at me all afternoon. But I might chance it, won't really know until the last minute. Rain isn't the problem, road splash is the problem.

The weather service says:
"Saturday: Partly cloudy in the morning...then mostly cloudy with a chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs 57 to 62. Areas of winds south 15 mph with gusts to 25 mph. Chance of measurable precipitation 50 percent."

My speedometer/odometer are way off (about 50% low). Who should I go see to correct this, JBA or ??? The Speedo Shop in Santee isn't the right place because when I mentioned using the ODBII, he was surprised. That didn't give me a bunch of confidence.

I really need to know how fast I'm going because just crusing along the freeway (normal speed) causes CHPs to turn their head and look at me (loud pipes). Don't like that because I do lead foot it on occasion and my insurance premium is already high with this car.

Is everybody's insurance high with a Cobra??? I'm paying almost double my Toyota Highlander insurance rate (it's about $1,000 vs $420 for 6 months). If you have lower rates, let me know who insures your car. I'm going insurance shopping after the new year.

Bob

luckychance

bob whose ur insurance? i have wawanesa, they have always taken care of my friends and when i totaled my truck a while back they were quick and give me more than a fair amount i thought. i have comprehensive with decent coverage and well just say that im very happy covering 2 cars for what people pay for 1...that may soon change casue of my accident haha

ps im out from the convention center and this trip :( i snapped my belt tensioner in half last night..how does that happen?

rkarrow

My insurance is 21st Century. They are noted for having good rates, but since Farmers has bought them out, I wonder if that's true anymore. $2,000 per year seems way too steep for me. They freaked over the custom paint job too and tacked more dollars on.

Bob

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I'm really glad to hear about the gas stops because my car mileage is almost measured in gallons per mile.

Since my car has never been driven in the rain and I don't really want to break that tradition, rain would have kept me from going. The underside of my car looks almost brand new. Rain would have caused my wife to sit and glare at me all afternoon. But I might chance it, won't really know until the last minute. Rain isn't the problem, road splash is the problem.

The weather service says:
"Saturday: Partly cloudy in the morning...then mostly cloudy with a chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs 57 to 62. Areas of winds south 15 mph with gusts to 25 mph. Chance of measurable precipitation 50 percent."

My speedometer/odometer are way off (about 50% low). Who should I go see to correct this, JBA or ??? The Speedo Shop in Santee isn't the right place because when I mentioned using the ODBII, he was surprised. That didn't give me a bunch of confidence.

I really need to know how fast I'm going because just crusing along the freeway (normal speed) causes CHPs to turn their head and look at me (loud pipes). Don't like that because I do lead foot it on occasion and my insurance premium is already high with this car.

Is everybody's insurance high with a Cobra??? I'm paying almost double my Toyota Highlander insurance rate (it's about $1,000 vs $420 for 6 months). If you have lower rates, let me know who insures your car. I'm going insurance shopping after the new year.

Bob

If you have a handheld tuner, you can adjust your speedometer by entering your gear ratio into the tuner. That will adjust your speedometer.

I don't have a Cobra, but Liberty Mutual has been good to me with my Mustang and Focus. I have full coverage and I pay less than $1000 a year for both cars.

luckychance

My insurance is 21st Century.
i had farmers insurance and i felt i was paying double for lesser coverage. the good thing about them was they had good customer support when you needed them but otherwise i felt i was paying for a premium that i hardly saw a return on. you may want to check out wawanesa. i have a roush which few insurance co want to touch since it comes up registered as gt but wawanesa has been real cool about it. i sent in documentation and theyll cover the custom parts minus depreciation. all of that for 1/2 of my other vehicle since its not driven as much. i hope i can check out your cobra one of these days, that color has some real pop to it.

rkarrow

Thanks to all who gave me input on insurance. Wawanesa will be one of the first that I call late next week. I like that they are aware of all the add-ons and are cool about it. I don't drive my loaded Cobra very often either. Today is going to be a big deal for this car. Going supersonic on the freeway occasionally doesn't provide much in the way of distance driving.

38 cars on the cruise, that's a blast. Bringing my camera to capture this spectacle. I'm a virgin cruiser, treat me gently as you're my first.

Not a lot of clouds this morn, hope rain can stay away until we get home late afternoon.

"Expect showery weather this evening through tomorrow afternoon." That sounds OK to me.

Bob

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
What an awesome cruise event today thanks for setting this up.. Dave, Danny, Todd

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2