• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

engine question

kalop

Lemoore,Ca
Donator
No i think im sticking with a 2v build ive been looking around and found some pretty stout combinations built with a 2v, with forced induction getting well over 500hp. looking into a 5.1 stroker kit nice low compression ratio for the turbo charger. Theres now way id put a chevy engine in my car, if I was going to go that route id buy an old camaro. N/A nearly impossible to pull over 400hp in fact everything ive seen n/a 407 was the highest hp number ive seen anywhere, but im not so concerned with the n/a number cause im definately going with a turbo so hitting 400 without a turbo is a good base to build from when the turbo goes on easily add 100 or more hp depending on how much boost you push, but with a good cams ported heads and a nice 13 to 14 psi of boot 600 hp isnt out of the question i dont think.

kalop

Lemoore,Ca
Donator
if your saying this block wont hold that much horsepower then ill just my next move is selling this block and finding stronger block. that will hold up to higher horsepower. but the basics of it is this engine isnt being built for an all out racing its going to be my daily driver, i want the big numbers but I do need something thats going to last as well. sounds like I need to look for a 98 or 99 aluminum block or even a cast block which to my knowledge is still a pretty stout base to build from and will hold up under higher horsepower.

fangs99

Look on SVTP and see some of the combos the the 2v and 4v guys are running. There are alot of guys that are make'n really good power with the 01+ aluminum blocks.
Can you post up some pics of the valley of your blocks. Some 01 cobras got Teksid blocks.

elky406

If you building it from scratch buy the correct block from the start.
teksids blocks were used mostly from 99 and older very few were used after that.
Or use the stock iron block.

kalop

Lemoore,Ca
Donator
I was trying to look at the block yesterday but its in an engine bag ill snap some pics and try and post them see what the feed back is. I just know I want a good strong base that will be reliable... yeah I havent checked svtp but ive seen combos pushing upwards of 700 plus hp out of a 98 iron block with mostly stock components. they will make the power just finding the right combination and they all run some sort of forced induction but turbos have shown the biggest gains over supercharged applications.

elky406

when your ready give me a call,i have tons of modular exp in setups,combos and building them,and i own a 4v twin turbo termi and my partner has a bolt on and baby cam 2v that makes great power.I will say we have the most exp on modulars around these parts.

fallingup693

I'm currently building a 4v motor for my 01 GT. Unless you want a huge a**-pain, I'd stick with the 2v setup. Now, if you were making a track car or something...had some money, and getting real serious about making big numbers....i'd go 4v, simply because in the end, you'll make more power with less. But you have to be willing to jump through hoops to make it happen.

A solid 2v sounds like it's right up your alley. Just my 2cents.

kalop

Lemoore,Ca
Donator
hey thats why I asked to get someone elses 2cents on the subject. Ive found a couple nice stroker kits from coast high performance for about 2400.00 and a few nice kits from modular mustang racing. I think a nice stroker kit would work good and give me a nice hp number.

elky406

I wouldnt stroke a 4.6.
You can still make 300 plus whp n/a on a hci combo stock displacement 4.6..The 4.6 is already over stroked and with its tiny bore size n/a your kinda stuck.I wouldnt waste the money on stroking it.Do a cobra crank,decent rod and piston deal and buy a blower.Save the extra money on stroking it to do a very nice head and cam combo.

Foxman

get some pics up... the aluminum block maybe worth using and you can sell the 4v heads to build the 2 valve... if the block is a teksin great build a bad as boosted 2v with a great block

fallingup693

hey thats why I asked to get someone elses 2cents on the subject. Ive found a couple nice stroker kits from coast high performance for about 2400.00 and a few nice kits from modular mustang racing. I think a nice stroker kit would work good and give me a nice hp number.

if you are in the military, or have a good friend. Coast High Performance gives military discounts. Don't quote me on this, but I think it's a pretty big discount...something around 30% I think. Pretty substantial. Bet you won't beat that price anywhere else....

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
that's a big discount see if 1WKDRSH chimes in he got his street fighter motor from them...