• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

...famoso 8-21-09...

I

Ichiduo

seems like everyone is going to the scca event on saturday as opposed to the test and tune this friday, so next test and tune is the 21st. who's all planning on going?

it's not to late to plan to go to the test and tune this friday, but it may have to be a short notice sort of deal.

Renegade

i plan on going, i took the day off, just gotta find the tires now, the ones that were given to me are too small

I

Ichiduo

i plan on going, i took the day off, just gotta find the tires now, the ones that were given to me are too small

i'm taking bets on how many cylinders shane's mach will be running on by the 21st. hoping to see an inline 4 mach 1 going down the track. he's on 7 probably 6. probably going to be the first legit v6 mach 1.

p.s.

gotta add a new one to the shane-o excuse maker

- "tires too small, but i have the day off.."

:)

Renegade

no im going one way or the other, and i have the valve cover gaskets for my mach so hopefully that will solve my problem, anyone wanna help me put them on?

Feared

Crazy Mach Driver
i'm taking bets on how many cylinders shane's mach will be running on by the 21st. hoping to see an inline 4 mach 1 going down the track. he's on 7 probably 6. probably going to be the first legit v6 mach 1.

p.s.

gotta add a new one to the shane-o excuse maker

- "tires too small, but i have the day off.."

:)

i got money that shanes mach1 runs faster than yours.

I

Ichiduo

i got money that shanes mach1 runs faster than yours.

it's racing, anything can happen. last time out, i ran faster than charlie 2... who did nothing but run faster than me the past couple of times out there. in my gut though, i doubt it'll happen. just a feeling.

either way it's a win / win for shane. he runs faster than me, he gets to run his mouth. :laugh: i run faster than him:

"well, your mach is more modded than mine... ya think i was gonna run faster? it's my first time out here too..."

i'm out to get as many people to famoso as i can. whether i have to s**t talk to get you there or ask.

but shouldn't you be worrying about breaking 12's on the bottle? usually i hear about imports staying in the 13's spraying. what's your best time ALL MOTOR again? 13.2?

Foxman

Jack Keebler----M/T Dec02 (n/a) Red-- 5spd--- n / a, 13.80_ @ 102.5_ *
Tom Wilson--5.0/SF Apr03 (NV) Yellow 5spd--- n / a, 13.82_ @ 101.01 *
Steve Turner-5.0/SF Apr03 (NV) Red-- Auto---- n / a, 14.29_ @ 98.42 *

these are mag. test

Renegade

Dustin it will probably be monday at like 11, unless i work then we would have to do it wed, anyone else down to help? oh and i think i might have the tire situation solved :)

I

Ichiduo

Jack Keebler----M/T Dec02 (n/a) Red-- 5spd--- n / a, 13.80_ @ 102.5_ *
Tom Wilson--5.0/SF Apr03 (NV) Yellow 5spd--- n / a, 13.82_ @ 101.01 *
Steve Turner-5.0/SF Apr03 (NV) Red-- Auto---- n / a, 14.29_ @ 98.42 *

these are mag. test

which mag? some mags a NOTORIOUS for running slow times. usually they get a loaner car, and can't beat on it to get it to run the fastest time it can.

here's a list for ya:

http://www.mach1registry.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2860

and to narrow it down:

TurboMach------ -(OH) Red--- '03/M---2.03_, 13.09_ @ 106.62 *
H-TownMachI------(TX) Yellow '03/M---1.955, 13.139 @ 104.50 *
Mary Jane--------- (KY) Gray-- '04/M---1.981, 13.177 @ 105.62 *

those are stock 5 speeds. a stock auto has been recorded at:

bigmustangman01------(MD) Blue-- '03/ A---2.021, 13.317 @ 104.31 *

it's not impossible to do it. whether it was a fluke or everything JUST lined up right for those people, they ran those times.

"*" = factory stock (the lengend is on the linked site)

in essence, the mags do the same things we do. take the car to the track, and try to run it as fast as they can. but like i said, they most likely aren't allowed to beat on it like the owner of the car can.

Feared

Crazy Mach Driver
ALot of factors in those times... 13.3 is the best i ran when my car was stock.

But, what was the weather like? How hot was the track surface temp? How good of a prep was it? How long has the driver been driving? Whens the last time they changed their Oil/air filter?

Lots of issues here... But do you know what? None of that **** matters when your linned up at the line, just do your best, and accept it!! No point of complaining about why your cars should run better.

I was pissed my car ran a 13.1 expecting 12s. But later in the night, i accepted it, a supercharged Camaro was running the same time, and in the same boat as me.. the "WTF!? 13s??".

SO you are not alone (the person that is reading this), everyone wants better times because some shmuck accross the country ran a faster time with less mods.

I will keep modding/learning everytime i go to the track, and eventually i get the numbers i want.

I

Ichiduo

But, what was the weather like? How hot was the track surface temp? How good of a prep was it? How long has the driver been driving? Whens the last time they changed their Oil/air filter?

Lots of issues here... But do you know what? None of that **** matters when your linned up at the line, just do your best, and accept it!! No point of complaining about why your cars should run better.

I was pissed my car ran a 13.1 expecting 12s. But later in the night, i accepted it, a supercharged Camaro was running the same time, and in the same boat as me.. the "WTF!? 13s??".

SO you are not alone (the person that is reading this), everyone wants better times because some shmuck accross the country ran a faster time with less mods.

I will keep modding/learning everytime i go to the track, and eventually i get the numbers i want.

i completely agree... it's just that people keep telling me that the times i say that were run in STOCK mach 1's aren't possible. well, they are.

there are a lot of factors that went down into the people running those times, but they ran them. so it's possible to run those times in stock mach 1's.

it doesn't matter if a mag. didn't run those times. sometimes it's not the magazine drivers that run the best times. it's the people who daily drive the cars and have more seat time in them that know how to push them better. magazine drivers have how much seat time in the cars they are testing? and most of the time, i don't think the auto maker will let them drive it until it blows up. unlike what some owners will do to get the times they want.

in the end, we have to accept the times we get, but to know what's possible gives us a goal. i know what's possible stock in my car, and i don't want to run what a STOCK auto mach runs. who does after they've invested money to supposedly make their cars faster?

Foxman

very well put