• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Gear Day 6 FEB 2010 (COMPLETE: BLUE BOSS)

Vaporizyed

La Mesa, CA
Ok, with the advice from MustangCWO and northerncountry. I have decided to upgrade to 4.10 gears in my 08 GT (automatic). I am going to be ordering the FRPP gears from Atomic Performance. I know I am going to need gear oil. My question is, what weight of Royal Purple gear oil should I get? I already have a SCT tuner to re-calibrate the speedometer. I am looking at possibly doing this on Saturday, February 6th. I think this date works for MustangCWO per our discussion last night. If you have any input or better dates, please post on this thread. Thanks!

RSVP

northerncountry

I have to make sure I am not underway, I will have to see. if I am here I will be putting gears and at least braided brake lines. for a little more giddy up and alittle more stoping power.

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
Ok, with the advice from MustangCWO and northerncountry. I have decided to upgrade to 4.10 gears in my 08 GT (automatic). I am going to be ordering the FRPP gears from Atomic Performance. I know I am going to need gear oil. My question is, what weight of Royal Purple gear oil should I get? I already have a SCT tuner to re-calibrate the speedometer. I am looking at possibly doing this on Saturday, February 6th. I think this date works for MustangCWO per our discussion last night. If you have any input or better dates, please post on this thread. Thanks!

Sorry I can't make it Matt, I will be in Yokosuka until the 13th.

M

Mustangcwo

There will be a tag hanging on your differential, held down by one of the bolts, that will say 75W-140 and that is the oil to buy. Make certain to verify the tag, could be 75W-90. Let me know if the tag is missing. You will also need to pick up:

A pinion bearing (inner/closer to the pinion)
Crush sleeve
4ozs of friction inhibitor (Ford Dealer)

Vaporizyed

La Mesa, CA
Is the Ford Racing Friction Modifier the same thing as the inhibitor? If so, I can also order that from Atomic Performance.

yosemiddysam

Donator
Eh I say 3.90's with Auto's but the difference is barely noticable..........Engine longevity maybe......

M

Mustangcwo

Can I install my gears on that day also?

Price is $100 for the install and you pay for the cost of the lift. Plus, you have to bring all the parts and fluids with you. All proceeds are used to upgrade the WICKEDSTANGS race car.

Vaporizyed

La Mesa, CA
OK I was looking at the stuff I need other than the actual gear kit. Since my 08 GT will be about 20,000 miles at the time of the 4.10 gear install do I need to the FRPP Ring and Pinion Installation kit which includes the following: The FRPP kit includes pinion & carrier shims, crush sleeve, pinion seal, pinion nut, ring gear bolts and cover gasket. Use this kit for changing ring and pinion gear or differential. This kit is about $40-$50. Or do I need the ring and pinion installation kit with bearings? This kit includes the following:
The FRPP kit includes pinion & carrier shims, crush sleeve, pinion seal, pinion nut, ring gear bolts, pinion gear bearings, carrier bearings and cover gasket. Use this kit for changing ring and pinion gear or differential.
Includes pinion gear bearings and carrier bearings unlike M-4210-A
. This kit is about $94.00

Price doesn't concern me as much as a trouble free installation since Mustangcwo will be doing the majority of the work. I want this to be a solid trouble free job.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
OK I was looking at the stuff I need other than the actual gear kit. Since my 08 GT will be about 20,000 miles at the time of the 4.10 gear install do I need to the FRPP Ring and Pinion Installation kit which includes the following: The FRPP kit includes pinion & carrier shims, crush sleeve, pinion seal, pinion nut, ring gear bolts and cover gasket. Use this kit for changing ring and pinion gear or differential. This kit is about $40-$50. Or do I need the ring and pinion installation kit with bearings? This kit includes the following:
The FRPP kit includes pinion & carrier shims, crush sleeve, pinion seal, pinion nut, ring gear bolts, pinion gear bearings, carrier bearings and cover gasket. Use this kit for changing ring and pinion gear or differential.
Includes pinion gear bearings and carrier bearings unlike M-4210-A
. This kit is about $94.00

Price doesn't concern me as much as a trouble free installation since Mustangcwo will be doing the majority of the work. I want this to be a solid trouble free job.

Buy the set with the bearings. May as well change it while in there. Normally if you're under 60k miles, you don't have to, but may as well put new ones on.

blue boss

Saginaw Texas
Thats what I did. I went with the kit with everything. I would rather have extra parts than not having what is needed.

northerncountry

alright guys we are getting closer to the install date who is doing what? do you/we have the parts orderd? I will be on the ship that day ( duty blues) so i will not be there. I am going to hold off on the gears til a later date. so make sure you have all the parts you need and get ready to get dirty.