• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

hooked,150 shot = sheered off driveshaft bolts.

Foxman

damn that 347 is making some power..... will know tomorrow weather or not i will have the cash for that motor nate.... hope you haven't sold it already

elky406

its not a 347 dude.

its a stock short block car.

i have multiple stock short blocks laying around.It has decent heads aND a top secret nitrous grind in it.I wanna see how far we can go before it blows up.

Foxman

its not a 347 dude.

its a stock short block car.

i have multiple stock short blocks laying around.It has decent heads aND a top secret nitrous grind in it.I wanna see how far we can go before it blows up.

may bad... i thought steve said it was a alum. head 347... but he also said he wasnt sure because he wasnt there for install

Mach1Marauder

I'm not so sure that was your only problem.

With the rake on your car, your IC couldn't be in a "nice/friendy" place.
What was your pinion angle?
What arms?
What shocks?
What springs?
Your launch just didn't look right.
Just trying to help.:rock:

elky406

your right the car hooks horrible,its already been a 1.38 60ft.

I know how to make a fox work.

the pinion angle is correct,it leaves straight and wheels up every pass.it looks funny in the video because it went about 1 foot before it broke all the driveshaft bolts.

elky406

as far as parts and angle

solid bushings in the rear end housing

southside lowers,adjustable uppers,all with poly bushings,moroso springs,lakewood shocks
pinion angle is 3 degrees down from crankshaft centerline.Rear lower bar angle is 6 degrees from earth point up in the front for a ic right about the front of the driver seat.Car scales at 2680 with me in it and makes about 450whp on a 73 nitrous jet on a cheater plate on 27 degrees of timing on pump piss 91 octane and a very good nitrous grind camshaft.The car works street or track in this setup with no nitrous controller.Im going to have to guess i did something right,as this isnt my first fox body ive built and drag raced.

Mach1Marauder

I hope to have some more videos of it tomorrow nite at bako,should go 9.80s or so.

Get hot fugger!

Mark of MMR may be out there with his new car for some shakedown runs.
It's that grabber blue. If he make it out there........he said he MAY get to make it.........go take a look. IT'S SWEEEEET!

Mach1Marauder

I hope to have some more videos of it tomorrow nite at bako,should go 9.80s or so.

With a 150? LOL...........OK!

Like I said at the end........JUST TRYING TO HELP.:nonono:

I do know just a little bit about most every suspension out there, not just Moostangs.:rofl:
I set up a little fox with a 250 shot on a plate with no controller(dang dummy) last week and he popped off a 8.90 on the first hit with a 1.26 60ft with a 9in wheelie(after extension) for the first 90 ft or so............that would mean the 60 was on the REAR tires.
Kids these days, I swear!:rofl::rofl::rofl: