• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

I Need More Power !

crossbreedgt

since you already have the shorties on and you're pushing more exhaust + you have a cold air intake etc.. i think you need more airflow and then some gearing.

1) throw a larger mm. mass airflow sensor on and if you dont already have a larger throttle body and plenum then get those too so you get more airflow.

2) next either get your intake manifold ported or find one with more breathing space.

.. you can get all of that for under $500 total if you shop around. once your pony can breathe in more air it can stomp out that exhaust and sound a bit more menacing. hope that helps a bit :)

p.s. after each upgrade big or small, use a programmer like SCT or SUPERCHIPS to recalibrate your settings.. might help a bit in telling your computer that you've added some power under the hood.

02gt

What was the major parts that needed to fabbed? Im sure the intake manifold was a pain.

mulethras

i noticed the help in this v6 thing but i have a really short budget and as of yet all i afforded to get was a cold air intake next thing i want to get is way to expensive for me (suspension set up)

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
I got a 302 block I am willing to get rid of? and an Auto tranny with it.

Gib

Stage2

The best bang for the buck would be a supercharger. You'll spend a lot of money with gears, cams and heads and still not have the horsepower gains as a blower. Being the
your car is older the supercharger should be around $3500.00. You're limited with an older V6. Don't put a lot of money into it because you'll never get the gains that you want.

Stage2

Roushed2

302 Motorsports
v6 stuff is hard to come across most parts are customed by a company ot by yourself

if you are seriously interested in building a v6 contact me Seriously

Gibs

Staff member
Global Moderator
Having the fastest V6 is an accomplishment, but I would rather have the slowest V8.....

Gib

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
its not the speed gibs is talking about...its the fact of 8 vs 6. what would you rather drive. an 11 second honda crx or a 15 second ferrari 308?? i know which one i would choose

Roushed2

302 Motorsports
what are you talking about there is no difference in a v6 mustang and a v8 mustang except the engine so if you have a fast v6 then hell you accomplished something most people dont attempt

I have an extremely fast v6 and a quick V8 but honestly my favorites car is my V6

the Roush is fun anall but nothing is better than having a V6 that dominates most V8's out there

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
but in the end its a V6 if you did the same amount of work to a v8 and same amount of input and time the v8 would be quicker and worth more. nothing against v6's

ps roushed i hate you :)