• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Irvine Spectrum Pics

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Gotta move fast with this bunch... Fast cars... Fast decisions.. stuff happens fast. Speaking of fast, although it was fun the run out and back was nerve racking and at times exceedingly fast (yep I'm guilty too).. Maybe I noticed more this time cuz I was drivin my V6 instead of the Shelby. I kept up but it was much more work (alot of down shifting to keep the revs up) and Kevin got nailed by CHP... Now we all know the average highway speed is about 80 MPH but I hit 100 mph to keep up at times. Not pointing fingers or anything, just sayin that especially when we run with such a large group that we pay special attention to keeping the speed at or below the average to keep the group together and avoid any problems. Nuff said..

I must apologize, too. I got a little carried away with the speed. It was hard not to get on it every now and then. The temptation was too much for me to resist. I was weak. :embarassed:

Tommy

Nice pics, Red. But just a slight corrections on the count. There were 20 WS cars on this event.

according to a certain San Diego based Mustang car club president, who shall remain name-less, there were 33 cars that he counted :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:party:

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
according to a certain San Diego based Mustang car club president, who shall remain name-less, there were 33 cars that he counted :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ok....that's even better. But are they WS's cars? But 33 is a good number.

ears

looks like a blast! sucks that i couldnt make it! work blows!

looks like someone got a little photo happy though!lololololol

i did see a nice red cobra in the bunch. kinda reminded me of the ole girl over all though, they all looked great!

way to rep the club yall! (except on the high way! lolololololol)

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
Yeah, he was fine, ended up getting a speeding ticket, but word to the wise, those lane changes probably made you stand out way to much.

Mach1Marauder

Looks like a great meet up on a fine Sunday day!
LOTTA nice cars!

I got the pleasure of going to TUCSON to pick up a customer's car that hit a dog or coyote and messed up the oil supply AND return line on his turbo 4V 08 GT(yes, you read right) that was JUST delivered last week. How in the heck he done that damage but none was done to the front bumper, I'll never know.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
BTW.....what's the word on 1WKDRSH's car?

:wf:

Don't be mad cause you didn't get to go to this nice event.. And kicking yourself in the butt wishing you did...:rofl:

Tommy

:wf:

Don't be mad cause you didn't get to go to this nice event.. And kicking yourself in the butt wishing you did...:rofl:

Sounds like a nice ride there and back. I haven't been on a long cruise since the first of the two winery cruises last year. Would've been nice to go, but I had to have a family day

StarAngel

ok, first off.....Danny come back from the dark side!!!!! ROFL

And yeah, as soon as we got out of the car at my bros house, the first thing Juli said was "Dad I want a mustang", He said you already go too fast in your car....she said, it's not the fast that I want, it's the looks, I want the blue!! LOL

You must be correct in that SDPD Danny, cause he wasn't CHP, DOH
:smile: :rofl:

yosemiddysam

Donator
Even I will admit that we were definately haulin butt on the way there and back. I was just hoping they didnt pull me over lol.

fastsleeper

Why ya treat me like that?
Gotta move fast with this bunch... Fast cars... Fast decisions.. stuff happens fast. Speaking of fast, although it was fun the run out and back was nerve racking and at times exceedingly fast (yep I'm guilty too).. Maybe I noticed more this time cuz I was drivin my V6 instead of the Shelby. I kept up but it was much more work (alot of down shifting to keep the revs up) and Kevin got nailed by CHP... Now we all know the average highway speed is about 80 MPH but I hit 100 mph to keep up at times. Not pointing fingers or anything, just sayin that especially when we run with such a large group that we pay special attention to keeping the speed at or below the average to keep the group together and avoid any problems. Nuff said..

I agree and admit I have, from time to time, been a little naughty on the freeway but if we are going to an event as a club I thought the idea was to stay together as a group. It is a visual dream to see so many Stangs on the road together and keeping at a bit slower speed gives the public AND the CHP a different / better perspective of a "Muscle Car" club. It also gives everyone in the line a chance to get where we are going and, of course, looks REALLY cool when we all drive into the venue.

Also, staying together would not be such a nervous experience. Some members of the Club are really good drivers and can manage quite well at high speeds weaving in and out of slowpoke regular cars but the slowpoke regular cars can seldom manage themselves around fast cars.

Letting everyone know the plan for lunch or such would be great so everyone can enjoy the fun! There were a fair number of us, especially first timers, just hangin' out with the Cheby's. We had fun looking and talking amongst ourselves buuuuut again.......... club..... a group..... together..... at the same time.:rofl::rofl:

yosemiddysam

Donator
Very good point. I honestly just didnt think about it for the lunch thing. I figured that those that were hungry would just join in. Maybe we should PLAN a lunch the next time so everyone can come. I also agree on the slower drive speed lol.

fastsleeper

Why ya treat me like that?
Very good point. I honestly just didnt think about it for the lunch thing. I figured that those that were hungry would just join in. Maybe we should PLAN a lunch the next time so everyone can come. I also agree on the slower drive speed lol.

I think if someone just holds up a sign saying FOOD with an arrow pointing to the direction of the FOOD we could find our way. LOL Can't think when I'm stahvin':rofl:

Red

I think when we all get on the freeway and should get in the #1 lane and stay there. That way we can go as fast as the lane will let us, with-in reason, and we don't have to worry about other cars having to cut into our line if were in the other lanes.

BadBullitt

Old Guys Rule!
Sorry about the lunch thing for the people that didn't make it. I guess some of us just think with our stomachs.

StarAngel

I was thinking that too. We could always call our lunch in and have them deliver! That way we don't leave at all. And I do agree with the driving in part Fastsleeper is very correct on all counts on that one. And Red too, #1 lane is cool.

yosemiddysam

Donator
Yeah but remember....some are complaining about the speed and the number 1 lane is "Hammer" lane so do we really want to be in that one going 65mph? That could cause an accident just as fast as going 80.

IgottaV8

Wickedstangs Road Racing Team
Staff member
Board Member
Just don't be super agressive drivers. That is probably what it amounts to.