• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

[Jul 22, 2012] Main Street America Car Show (San Diego, CA)

Ford1288

Donator
I'll be at Denny's but just to roll out, I have to get the car ready Sunday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4.6stangpower

2001 gt vert
So for some reason I can't find this place any help wiukf be appreciated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-Galaxy lll using Tapatalk 2

Red

Sucks That I didn't when today, but it's cool. The guy who took first place deserved it? He had a great looking Saleen. I even said if I had to vote between mine and his, I'd would've voted for him.The guy who took second, well he's the guy who took the white Shelby GT and tried to make it look like some kind of GT 350 or something. The guy never even put his hood up so you could see his engine.

As always I had a great time with my fellow WS buddies. Was great to meet you today Tommy and hope to see you at the next WS gathering.

TommyV

Donator
Thanks Red, it was good to meet you guys also. You should have a least come in second.

Ford1288

Donator
Disappointed I didn't make it out, got stuck in LA Saturday night. Next time fellas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2K7GTCS

This was a fantastic show, and I was really glad we were a part of it! We had an excellent location facing the bay, and with the trees and the popup (thanks to JP) we stayed cool all day.

I believe this is the largest most diverse car show held in the San Diego area, with an amazing collection of classics, collectables, cruisers, and customs running the gauntlet from Lowriders to restored MG's to Modern Muscle. This was our first year of participation in this show, and we brought six of the best cars from our local chapter. I could not be more pleased with the result, as we had a great time at a beautiful location with great exposure for the club with both the public and the other car clubs.

Thanks to everyone who participated, and to those who stopped by to hang out or say hello. A big thank you to the COCSD for making us all feel so welcome, and especially for the shout out during the awards ceremony. We should definitely make participation in this show an annual event for our club.

I did take quite a few pictures, and will post them up later this evening.

Sucks That I didn't when today, but it's cool. I even said if I had to vote between mine and his, I'd would've voted for him.The guy who took second, well he's the guy who took the white Shelby GT and tried to make it look like some kind of GT 350 or something. The guy never even put his hood up so you could see his engine.

As always I had a great time with my fellow WS buddies. Was great to meet you today Tommy and hope to see you at the next WS gathering.

I think you should ditch the IPAD and do your selling point yourself like you used to do. People looked at your car but didn't pay attention to the video. The GT350 guy never opens his hood at shows that i've seen him at. and yes it is a good show to go to, well it's always a good show when you got the beautiful San Diego Bay as your backdrop.

Vaporizyed

La Mesa, CA
This was a really good show. We had an awesome location. It was nice seeing and hanging out with everyone. Sorry Red that you didn't get anything. . Anyways, hope we can do it all again!

Reactions: Red

2K7GTCS

A few pictures from the show yesterday:
DSC_0497.JPG

DSC_0501.JPG

DSC_0531.JPG

DSC_0447.JPG

Go here to see more...

Boltvette

Many, many thanks to those of you who were there to represent Wicked Stangs! We sold out for the third time in the past four years. It looks like we'll meet our goal of raising $10k for the San Diego Center for the Blind. Our date for next year is July 28, at the same location. If you registered for the show this year, you will be among the first to get the flyer for Main Street America 2013.

Craig

Reactions: Red

Boltvette

Great photos, Dave. #24 is of our Silver-blue '63 Corvette, "Phoenix". She was fully restored after suffering an engine compartment fire about 5 years ago.