• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Looks like the blown 347 might not be blown anymore.

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Just a little update, this is more or less how the car sits at the moment:

e7u4e2es.jpg

The next step before installing all the suspension is to get the Scott rod fender panels installed so I can smooth and paint the engine bay. Problem is I can't take it anywhere to be welded with no wheels and suspension lol, so I'm at a bit of a sticking point.

Not going to lie, this project is wearing on me. I've done all of it by myself, which makes it hard to be motivated to work on it. And it's the holiday season now, so I can't really be throwing too much money in it at the moment. I'll be deploying in march, and I seriously doubt that it will be even near completion by then.

I'm just determined to finish it with no regrets, so time and patience come with that.

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
So im debating on selling off my EFI stuff and carbing the beast.

Pros:
Less money
more power
less weight
less hideous wiring to try and hide

Cons:
Less street friendly
My EFI setup looks bad@$$! lol

Any thoughts?

Ford1288

Donator
Talk to Bobby, he knows all about about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Bobby says it's the only way he'd do it lol.

I think I'm going to. I'm also considering a Ron's mechanical fuel injection system, which is the ultimate bracket racing setup. Nothing is more consistent, but they're stupid expensive

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Well not much happening, just little stuff when I've had a little time. Got the interior mostly out, scraped the sound deadener. I didn't weigh it, but feels like about 15 lbs in a Walmart bag.

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Pulled the heater box and all the ducting out today. Jesus that thing is heavy.

*Because race car

Haha

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Well just about everything is out. I began removing all the unnecessary wiring from the chassis harness, as well as the hacked up stereo and security system wiring from the last guy. It's pretty tedious but when I'm done it will be clean, simple and no more searching through the B.S. lol

by5y8a4u.jpg

blown347

Resident Bracket Racer
Donator
Bought a little mig welder and welded up all the holes in the frame rails and shock towers. I'm definitely not a pro but they turned out pretty good. I haven't ground them all smooth yet. Got my cutoff switch installed as well.

uzamu8ud.jpg

varu3yty.jpg