• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Loss of Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
GUYS calm down SDPIOLEt had a point. He was just asking a question and voicing his opinion. Quit attacking the guy. I know for a fact if he did live closer he would attend much more events. He is just saying it seems like there is a inner circle. If you step back and look there really is though. I think its because
most are military though and lean on each other for support. This is not just another forum where people come on and talk trash and bench race. I like the way it is and hope the club/ family never changes. I was in the central valley chapter as most of the older members know. I for one can tell you the club runs the same way up there as it does in the San diego chapter. We did BBQ's, raced or the track, ect. and like the San Diego chapter if it is slow like in the winter with the events we would get together at someones house just to hang out and talk cars. We all have a commen intrest or we wouldnt be here and that is the love for a great car the MUSTANG. Emilio I think explained the club well with his post. Some of the guys that are not military dont realize what its like to be stuck on a tin can away from family and friends during the holidays just because you dont have leave ( vacation time) on the books. Maybe your the new guy who no one never gave a chance too. We have never looked down on any member of the club. I hope it contiues to stay that way and I for one dont want nothing to change. I personaly will be trasfering in Dec of this year. I have made alot of great friends in the San Diego chapter and though I dont want to its better for my family. Most of you know I just got back off a 8 month deployment. June I got out for another 2, and then from the time I get back till dec I pull out 5 more times. I just cant do it anymore. I am EFM and have the choice to stay in san diego but who wants to go to another ship and do another 8 months out to sea. I will be moving to Wa with the ship and starting a new chapter up there. I will take all the knowledge I have learned from both JOE and Emilio and make my chapter as great as the other two Cali chapters. I will do as Emilio and Joe have both done and open my door and hopefully meet alot of new members, friends, and family. Its like this guys stay in san diego and do another year out to sea or go to WA for 2 years drydock and then 3 years shore. Pretty easy choice. anyway I think everyone made good points and voiced there opinions. I also think this thread should be closed! I dont want to see anyone get pissed off and attack one of the other members, because that is not what wickedstangs is about.

M

Mustangcwo

There have been no personal attacks here. Just a discussion about what WickedStangs is all about. Everyone comes to the forum for different reasons and it is good to see different opinions. If someone is personally attacked, then the thread will be closed.

spdpilot: You make your comments without knowledge of how business is conducted at the board members level. I do not see you at the monthly meetings or board member meetings, but you are welcome to drop in at any time. Then you can form an opinion based on reality vice perception and save me the quote, "perception is everything", that is just an excuse for the uninformed.

Other then that, you're right on key, this club/family is what each member makes of it. That's the beauty of WickedStangs, you have the choice.

spdpilot

I really dont understand your point SDPILOT. What would you recommend we change? No offense, but you do alot of complaining. Numerous times about MVTW and I forgot which other subjects. That being said, complaining and constructive criticsm is sometimes a good thing. Just tell us what you think should do different, instead of just rambling on, and we might be able to improve the situation. No hard feelings here either, but I wanted to vent a little. That being said I think wickedstangs is in fact a BIG car club. Clubs from all over SoCal know our name and invite us to events. And we have a good reputation. Any other car clubs throw huge events like MVTW? Dont think so. Do they have a club race car where people can learn how to work on the car and even drive it? Nope. So in conclusion I love this place and think the long time members have yes, made it into a family like environment where everyone can have fun and feel welcome.

I did suggest what I would think a club should be like. I was corrected by many people here in this thread that it isn't something Wicked Stangs is going to do or would most likely ever do.

I am not complaining. I am just offering an HONEST view of what I see and what others IN THE CLUB have mentioned to me. Yes, I write alot. I know it. Thats just me.

Let me be clear. I am not COMPLAINING. My feelings are not hurt. I wrote this as an Observation and to clear the AIR around here. Because, like it or not, people are leaving. And I am hearing others whispering what I am NOT afraid to say out loud.

I wrote it because I care. If I didn't care, why bother.

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
"Others in the Club have mentioned to you"?

Let them voice their opinion and you voice your own. If the "Others" don't feel ok to speak up in the forums, they can send a pm to me! I pull no strings with this Club and if "Others" have a problem, they found the person to voice "Their" opinion.

Until I get some PM's, it's all hearsay and "Drama"

Anybody who has any doubts, we are so far on the fringe of the Club, our cars aren't even "Bannered" and yes, that upsets some members here. So if you got a problem, bring it, until then, nothing me and HP2 can do about it.

Had my say I done

spdpilot

There have been no personal attacks here. Just a discussion about what WickedStangs is all about. Everyone comes to the forum for different reasons and it is good to see different opinions. If someone is personally attacked, then the thread will be closed.

spdpilot: You make your comments without knowledge of how business is conducted at the board members level. I do not see you at the monthly meetings or board member meetings, but you are welcome to drop in at any time. Then you can form an opinion based on reality vice perception and save me the quote, "perception is everything", that is just an excuse for the uninformed.

Other then that, you're right on key, this club/family is what each member makes of it. That's the beauty of WickedStangs, you have the choice.

I hope the thread stays open. I don't view it as negative for WS. This forum is the way most people communicate here and I think it is a great club discussion.

You are right. This isn't personal for me. I have no reason to attack anyone. I appreciate everything you have said.

You view me as not being involved enough. But you would be wrong, no disrespect intended. Have I gone to someones Birthday Party? No, but does that mean I am less of a member? Again, I bring up the Inner Circle.

Fact is, I live 35-40 miles away from San Diego forces me to be a Fringe member. People like me make up the club on the Website/Forum here. YES, it is true. Although I haven't gone to someones house for dinner or birthday party doesn't mean I am not a member. I have donated several hours to WS putting together the DVD for MVW 1 and MVW II which is selling to benefit the club, I have donated to the club, and I have heavily promoted the club. I have hundreds of videos on YouTube with thousands of hits that promotes Wicked Stangs. I am on the website almost daily. I help other members, I post tools up, I have Wicked Stangs business cards I give out at events etc. etc.

So, by your standards if I "participated" more (ie do the other none car related things in your area) I would have a different view point. But this is the inner circle I was talking about. Am I upset about any of this?? No not really.

Just give us "Fringe" members who aren't part of the dinner party club a little credit. And should the club (ie family) want to expand, locking in the Fringe members with better communication, more recognition, and a more professional club approach would do it.

Ugh.... I feel like I keep re-saying the same thing over and over.

I have accepted what you have said and respect what you guys say. No one should take this as an attack on the club.

spdpilot

"Others in the Club have mentioned to you"?

Let them voice their opinion and you voice your own. If the "Others" don't feel ok to speak up in the forums, they can send a pm to me! I pull no strings with this Club and if "Others" have a problem, they found the person to voice "Their" opinion.

Until I get some PM's, it's all hearsay and "Drama"

Anybody who has any doubts, we are so far on the fringe of the Club, our cars aren't even "Bannered" and yes, that upsets some members here. So if you got a problem, bring it, until then, nothing me and HP2 can do about it.

Had my say I done

It is not drama, this is what people do when they want things cleared up, instead of throwing insults around like in other threads (not you) and leave mad over stupid things.

I didn't understand the whole banner thing, but ok!

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
AH, now I get it!! Damn, I just never realized it.

SDP, thank you very much for all of the work you did on the video!! All of the promoton of the Club that you have done and never been recoginzed for. Thank You for all of the other stuff that I have missed that you have done!

Sarcasim off/

Look dude, you want recognition for everything you have done for WS? I am the wrong person to come to for the "pity party"!! You are not the only one who has busted their a$$ for this Club, you are the only one I have seen asking for recognition.

We are a group of people that don't go around "Tooting Our Own Horn"!! We do these things out of the kindnest of our hearts and to benefit others. Have you ever seen WS Self Promoting Charity Events? Have you seen/heard of WS "Thumping our Chest's at Charity Shows? Have you seen people that busted their Balls for weeks setting up an Event asking for thanks? NO!

If individuals want self recognition, this is the wrong place to come in my opinion. Recogintion is about WS, not the individual who set it up.

The pride comes from sitting down at night and knowing what YOU contributed to the cause that day. Not the, "Hey! Look at me and what I did to make this happen!"

In my opinion, THAT is what WS is all about.

EDIT: I will not answer this thread again

spdpilot

AH, now I get it!! Damn, I just never realized it.

SDP, thank you very much for all of the work you did on the video!! All of the promoton of the Club that you have done and never been recoginzed for. Thank You for all of the other stuff that I have missed that you have done!

Sarcasim off/

Look dude, you want recognition for everything you have done for WS? I am the wrong person to come to for the "pity party"!! You are not the only one who has busted their a$$ for this Club, you are the only one I have seen asking for recognition.

We are a group of people that don't go around "Tooting Our Own Horn"!! We do these things out of the kindnest of our hearts and to benefit others. Have you ever seen WS Self Promoting Charity Events? Have you seen/heard of WS "Thumping our Chest's at Charity Shows? Have you seen people that busted their Balls for weeks setting up an Event asking for thanks? NO!

If individuals want self recognition, this is the wrong place to come in my opinion. Recogintion is about WS, not the individual who set it up.

The pride comes from sitting down at night and knowing what YOU contributed to the cause that day. Not the, "Hey! Look at me and what I did to make this happen!"

In my opinion, THAT is what WS is all about.

EDIT: I will not answer this thread again

Sorry, I am not taking the bait, nice try, I almost fell for it!

HisPony

Wondering where I am!?!?
Very nice SPD and Black!!

Yes, I was baiting.

HP2 and I look forward to meeting/seeing both of you at future meets!!!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
You don't need to go to people's party or dinner or whatever else. Those invites are sent out to the whole club. If you can make it, great, if not, that's fine too. Nobody have special treatment just because they go to other people's house for a party or whatever. Take me for example, I have not been able to make it to any of Yosemiddy's or Blackstallion get together or fight night at their house. But that doesn't mean they or I are not friends or that certain people are in the "inner circle." Its just that, I couldn't make it during those times. If you or any other member couldn't make it because of distance or time, we understand. That does not make them or you any less of a member then others that could make it to those party. If "other members" felt left out because they couldn't go to the party or dinner, they shouldn't. Those parties and dinner are posted on the forum and its open to anybody that wants to attend. If they are new, it is especially encourage to attend because its easier to meet in a smaller group then at some events where there are many distractions. But like I've written before, nobody here will force anyone to attend anything if they don't want to. It's up to the individuals if they want to attend and how much involvement they want to put into the club.

Fighting Sailor

San Angelo TX
For anyone who feels they are on "the Fringe" and who wants to be more involved..... We need volunteers for Mustangs Versus the World this Saturday... Also we are goin to Hooters in Mission Valley tonight, Fabulous Fords Forever big cruise up, BBQ/detailing day at Emilios etc... A plethora of oportunities/ events that ANYONE is invited to. Or, if you live in another area, Make up some events of your own. ANYONE is welcome to post events... Or... if you just enjoy posting on the website, than just do that, no worries. However, for cripes sake don't talk about inner circles and excluded fringes, perception be damned, that is not the case with this group. This is the most open, diverse and Friendly bunch I have ever had the pleasure of associating with. I was a new member by 6 months and i started posting up wedsnday night meets, and guess what.... people showed up! Wow! i wasn't part of any inner circle I was just a dude with an idea.

Ford1288

Donator
What kinda QM needs to fight? Raise a flag, lower a flag. Raise a different flag, lower it back down. Nothing to fight about!

Had to take the stab.

M

Mustangcwo

So, by your standards if I "participated" more (ie do the other none car related things in your area) I would have a different view point. But this is the inner circle I was talking about. Am I upset about any of this?? No not really.

You continue to mention, "the inner circle". Can you tell me who is in the inner circle so we can all be informed. There is no inner circle and you can count me out. Yes, I go to houses to visit and talk to my friends, yes they own mustangs and many are Wickedstangs, but it's not to discuss the club. I visit them to work on cars, enjoy converstation and drink BEEEEEEERRRRRRR!

Your "perception" of an "inner circle" is not a reality. I hope this clears up one of the misconceptions. Yes, there is a board that makes decisions about the club (I'm not included) and a crew that decides the course of the race car (I'm in that one) and I believe the Wicked Ladies have some meetings (is that the inner circle? Are the ladies in control again? Damn!!!)(I'm in this too) but I have zero knowledge on an inner circle filled with secret handshakes.

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
i think hes talking about how some members are closer and more comfortable with others. they are the ones who show up to everything and get really involved in the club's events. kinda like how i used to be when i had time. but other than that, i have no idea.

Fighting Sailor

San Angelo TX
What kinda QM needs to fight? Raise a flag, lower a flag. Raise a different flag, lower it back down. Nothing to fight about!

Had to take the stab.

A Qm who has spent 2/3 of his Naval career with special boat squadrons or assault craft units.. plus a bit of time up the rivers in Iraq. Nuff Said? OK

spdpilot

UNCLE!!! Haha! I get it seriously, I do!

Why is what I am saying such a bad thing?? That some members can't be involved because of the way the club is set up? So you exclude some people. It is not a conspiracy, that is just life! WS doesn't want to be a big car club, it is a family with close friends. What?.... you don't think that will exclude people? It does, accept it and get over it already. Does that mean you DON'T accept everyone....NO! Does this mean it isn't a great club? NO! But it is what is to quote CWO.

Go back and read the first posts from the leaders of the Club. Don't run me over the coals for agreeing with it. Holy crap!

I already said I am fine with it. Yes, it is a dead horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.