• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

lowering my car

northerncountry

X2 on contacting wickedstangs, for sweet deals. and as subz posted we have installed alot of parts and gear that the hobby shop. the shop opens at 9 so it's great to make a morning or a day of it and just hang out turning wrenches and learning from the gear heads!

Frye011

Donator
I'm talking to a guy that will sell me the front sway bar. Rear shocks and a panhar bar from a 2007 gt500... Would that fit and work? Or should I just buy the stuff new?

northerncountry

if it's the stock stuff from the 500 i would buy new but thats just me the diameter of the front swaybar is alittle bit bigger but thats it nothing special. I would also check out the Grip in a box packages from Maximum Motorsports.

Frye011

Donator
I was thinking either the eibrach sport kit from american muscle or just buying the stuff slowly then putting it on at once

2K7GTCS

Hmm, I would not buy the used stock stuff. There is a reason he took it off his car...

I agree with what Emilio, John, and Danny have said. It is a package of changes that work together. My opinion is, if you can afford it, go with the Eibach Sport System Plus, which has the Drop you want, along with adjustable front sway, rear sway, and the struts + shocks. It is Eibach part# 4.13135.680

This is the exact same thing as the FRPP M-FR3-MGTAA suspension pak (minus the strut tower bar). Eibach makes this for Ford.

The best price I have seen for this kit is from Auto Sport in VA. $900 delivered.
I also got a quote from Shox.com (in El Cajon) of $950 delivered (need a deposit before ordering).

This is significant savings from the list prices of $1400-$1500

Oh, I run the FRPP pak, which was on my car when I bought it used (lucky me). I like the way it handles, which is very predictable with good tires.

From Eibach.com:

SPORTLINE + PRO-DAMPER + ANTI-ROLL-KIT = SPORT-SYSTEM-PLUS

• Complete, Precision Engineered Suspension System
  • Extreme Performance: Low Look, Superior Cornering
  • Maximum Lowering
  • Super-Street Performance - Without Sacrificing Ride Quality
  • Million-Mile Warranty for SPORTLINE, ANTI-ROLL-KIT / Two-Year Warranty for PRO-DAMPER
The Eibach SPORT-SYSTEM-PLUS adds the final step for total suspension dominance. SPORT-SYSTEM-PLUS kits are designed by our team of suspension engineers and ride control experts to offer the best-possible street performance, but without sacrificing ride quality. The SPORT-SYSTEM-PLUS is a precisely balanced combination of sport springs, bump-stops (secondary springs), dampers and ANTI-ROLL Sway Bars designed and tuned to operate as a complete performance suspension system.

SPORT-SYSTEM-PLUS improves turn-in response, increases cornering speed and reduces body roll - all while retaining excellent ride quality. SPORT-SYSTEM-PLUS is the ultimate extreme street performance suspension system - a must for any true driving enthusiast.

Front: 1.6 in
Rear: 2.0 in
M36852442.jpg

I apologize for the long post, but it is too easy to end up with the wrong setup!

Frye011

Donator
Awesome yea I just thought maybe I had got lucky but it's whatever. I'm just Gunna save my pennies and get the sport kit it's on American muscle for 899 I think and then just grab some camber plates and I'll be set with a brand new suspension almost :)

2K7GTCS

I am Jon by the way!
My bad!

Awesome yea I just thought maybe I had got lucky but it's whatever. I'm just Gunna save my pennies and get the sport kit it's on American muscle for 899 I think and then just grab some camber plates and I'll be set with a brand new suspension almost :)
Yes! That is the exact kit I was refering to. That is a great price from AM.
Wickedstangs members can get an additional 5% off. Someone else will have to remind us what the discount code is...

Frye011

Donator
I think my military discount is 10% lol. I look forward to meeting sone of you guys. In Gunna try and make the thing on april 4th. And then I hope a few of you guys are still up to help me install all this stuff lol.... And Danny I made a donation but it still won't let me post pics up?

northerncountry

Well frye you will have to wait until I return to hang out and tear up the roads with me LOL but I am looking forward to doing some spirited driving / open track days when I get back!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
I think my military discount is 10% lol. I look forward to meeting sone of you guys. In Gunna try and make the thing on april 4th. And then I hope a few of you guys are still up to help me install all this stuff lol.... And Danny I made a donation but it still won't let me post pics up?
Emilio, AKA Wickedstangs, is on a vacation cruise right now to Mexico. When he returns, he will get you all the access. He should be back next week. Let us know if you still don't by the end of next week. Thanks for your support. And when you get your parts, post up, and we will set a time to get it done.

northerncountry

good job make sure there not chipped or any crazy thing like that. Also when your ready to install just post up in the "WSinstall" page and for the donation and of course gear lube crush sleeve and shimes we'll get those babys put in!

Frye011

Donator
yea well i gotta buy new bearings cause im over 60k but i really appreciate it. and i think im gunna buy the lowering springs.....camber plates....and sway bar would that be a good start?