• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

lowering my car

Frye011

Donator
hey guys i know its been a while since i posted up in here...im about to return to the states from this deployment and im getting ready to buy all of the parts. ive already bought ford racing springs that drop 1.5 in front and back and im buying a ADJ panhard bar and CC plates....i dont think im going to buy the shocks and struts quite yet cause there just a little out of my budget.is there anything else i might need to install these items?

2K7GTCS

Not sure if you know this but new front strut mounts are recommended when you change the strut. And if your changing the spring, you SHOULD change the strut. Unless your struts and shocks have already been replaced once, I think you car will not handle well at all with lower stiffer springs and worn out (130k+ miles) factory shocks. Just say'n. Plus, it's a bit of work to change the springs and then turn around and do the struts within 6 months.

Frye011

Donator
ok so after i buy those two items...what are some good shocks and struts that are not crazy expensive...remember...im just a corporal haha

2K7GTCS

In general, dampers are more important than springs when it comes to improving a cars handling.
I recommend the Koni SRT.T non-adjustable "Orange". Probably the best low cost performance shock available.
AJUSA is having a sale on these right now for about $370 with tax, and free shipping. American Muscle sells the same thing for $423 after discount, no taxes, and free shipping.

Frye011

Donator
well shit...ok well i guess ill save up some more money lol. i appreciate the help!!

Frye011

Donator
ok shocks and struts are ordered now i just gotta worry about the CCplates and Panhard bar and ill be set...hopefully