• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

[Mar 6, 2011] WS Temecula Wine Cruise (Temecula, CA)

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
BG_SectionHome.jpg

MEETING LOCATION
Behind Bennigan's Grill & Tavern​
1760 Camino Del Rio N​
San Diego, CA 92108​
Time: 0800​
We will be going on a 1hr to 2 hr cruise and then we will be stopping at Wilson Creek for some Lunch maps and route will be posted soon.​

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Everyone we had to move this event to this day due to Steve aka fightningsailor will be moving to texas lets all see him off the wicked stangs way.... Hope to see everyone there...

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Alright everyone you ready for the cruise of your life... Working on the map now.. Looks like a good 2 hour cruise.

Wine Cruise.jpg

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
damn i really wish I could go but I will be leaving Vegas that day. Damn, I really wanted to go on a cruise 2.

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
Alright everyone you ready for the cruise of your life... Working on the map now.. Looks like a good 2 hour cruise.

View attachment 961

Approximately 140 miles
An easy, scenic ride with a couple of fun optional roads. This loop mixes scenic treats with small-town exploration. You'll pass throught acres of avocado groves, although at time you'll need to peek over the edge to see them, then into the mountains and old mining towns. You might want to take some time and check out the antique stores in Ramona or stop to have a slice of apple pie in the old mining town of Julian. When you reach HWY 79, you may decide to get off the highway and go exploring on one of the many twisty side roads.

Warnings: Big trucks-lots of 'em-on twisty, two-lane Hwy 78. If you're planning on stopping at The Hideout, get there early-the place is packed by noon. Watch for RV's on SR 6 during the summer and on HWY 76 year round.

Directions (Clockwise): COMING SOON!!!

Options:
Engineers Rd is a delightful detour-excellent scenery with many trees and homes tucked into the backcountry. From HWY 79, just a few miles outside of Julian

2K7GTCS

Hey, wow, a cruise, cool. I'm all over it!
For your consideration, my proposed route is similar to what Emilio posted a picture of. I added the leg around Mesa Grande Road., a great little side road just past Santa Ysabel with twisty bits, very light traffic, and great views.

We've not had a proper cruise in quite a while. This should be epic.
Here is my proposed route: Attached Image |Google Map

~David

Attachments

• WS_WilsonWinery_20110306.png
    WS_WilsonWinery_20110306.png
    213.1 KB · Views: 137

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
David maybe this weekend you can stop by and we can hash this out and get a direction and map going for everyone.. Yes Danny with Gas Stations:)

BadBullitt

Old Guys Rule!
Damn, Regina already made plans for me. I wish I could have made this. I hope to see you guys at the Tuesday meeting.

Fighting Sailor

San Angelo TX
May i humbly suggest that we go to the Wiens winery just down the road from wilson creek.. Its a bit less expensive and has PAVED PARKING... Wiens was the destination of the last winery cruise when we re-enlisted Bear. Also lets avoid that one leg that was unbelievably twisty through a residential area... Too stressful and we will have alot of cars. This will be my last cruise with you guys, then I am off to Texas...

2K7GTCS

Spending $50 on gas, I'd rather save a couple bucks at the winery. E is right though, they didn't have real food at Wien's. Either way is fine, but I do prefer a paved parking lot.

As for the route, I spoke to E, and we will be taking my proposed route (posted above). I will prepare some hard copy directions to hand out at the meetup at Bennigans. We will NOT be going down the tight twisty residential road (Lyon's valley Rd near Jamul). This will be an easy drive with only one kinda twisty bit up on Mesa Grande.

We can stop for gas in El Cajon before heading out Dehesa Road. That will make it only about 110 miles to the winery (whichever one we choose).

~David