• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

MMR ftw!!!

02gt

Just ordered up the MMR Street Mod 600 short block, they had it on ebay for 2200 and i gave em a call to check a couple of things and next thing i know gave em the card number. THe block features cast cank, forged rods, and manely pistons and will make the compression out to be 9.4 to 1. I made a couple of changes to the standard street mod short block, i swapped out the I beam connecting rods for forged manely H beam connecting rods, and that in it self will give it more Hp capability, and to have the pistons flycut so i can run larger cams in the long run, and i added a set of MMR side bolts to the list. Will be done in about 3-4 weeks. Probably not gonna throw it in for awile due to needing to port some heads and a set of cams for the project as well....:rock:
M6009A46SC.jpg

02gt

this thing is not gonna **** around....gonna pull the wheels like crazy now...

Lordgufi

just so you know you can run larger cams if you install manley valves in your head. the flycut will further allow you to run even larger ones.

for my PI swap with the hitechs to work they had to cut .080 off the intake valves.

Thats from Bart @ Hitech.

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
well, youll be one up on me, lol. Mines ready for boost. I would port and polish heads or get the trick flow heads. Thats what im thinking of before i go boost

02gt

just so you know you can run larger cams if you install manley valves in your head. the flycut will further allow you to run even larger ones.

for my PI swap with the hitechs to work they had to cut .080 off the intake valves.

Thats from Bart @ Hitech.

thats why i asked for them to be fly cut case i do run a larger cam so i wont have to worry about piston to valve clearance...

Lordgufi

also another thing. you can run more than .550 lift even with out that. its the duration that kicks these engines asses. most PTV issues happen 5-10* after TDC

02gt

well, youll be one up on me, lol. Mines ready for boost. I would port and polish heads or get the trick flow heads. Thats what im thinking of before i go boost

i have thought about them very hard and i frankley i dont know if i could bring my self to spend 2000 on them, they are undoubtly the sh it, but i could get a stage 3 port on a set of stock heads for 750 from MMR which will flow 225 CFM not as good but oh well, but boost will fix that **** real quick...

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
also another thing. you can run more than .550 lift even with out that. its the duration that kicks these engines asses. most PTV issues happen 5-10* after TDC

When the exhaust valve and intake valves are open at the same time :)

Lordgufi

already have an MMR block, may as well not **** around with the stock heads any more. grab a set of TFS heads and port those SOB's with some stage 2 or even 3 blower cams. why **** around?

02gt

already have an MMR block, may as well not **** around with the stock heads any more. grab a set of TFS heads and port those SOB's with some stage 2 or even 3 blower cams. why **** around?

do you want to donate to my cause??? Didn't think so. that is a min. of 3500 on heads and cams when all said and done.