• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

New Guy

Matthew Stoner

Just joined I'm in San Diego. I have a 2003 mustang GT. Just looking to be part of a club I've been looking for one for quite some time. Meet a guy at Orielys auto part store said to come here.

Matthew Stoner

I'm actually trying to look at my plugs tonight. I bought a Chilton for 1994-2004 ford mustangs but its garbage. Can I just pull the fuel rail of the top? Do I need to do anything.

Ford1288

Donator
You might want to go into more detail about your problem. I'm not too sure anyone else in the club has had the same issue but they can help point you in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matthew Stoner

You might want to go into more detail about your problem. I'm not too sure anyone else in the club has had the same issue but they can help point you in the right direction.

Oh yah I just read that and no bueno. I have been having a stumble at idle or what I call the floating idle. The engine bumps around between 670-780 RPM. Also I can hear a slight miss in the exhaust. But, the miss isn't really consistant but I can hear the popping sound about 3-4 times every 30-40 seconds. Its banging on all eight and gets reasonable gas milage. I have CAI, TB, PLENUM, 4.10, SCT tune and it will get 12-16 MPG average per tank.

I think its the plugs at 42,000 miles I switched them out to BOSCH platinums. But, I have heard bad things about them. Like the soleniod breaks of in the cyclinder and they just don't spark right like the motorcraft ones do. So what do you guys think?

Matthew Stoner

Oh yah I just read that and no bueno. I have been having a stumble at idle or what I call the floating idle. The engine bumps around between 670-780 RPM. Also I can hear a slight miss in the exhaust. But, the miss isn't really consistant but I can hear the popping sound about 3-4 times every 30-40 seconds. Its banging on all eight and gets reasonable gas milage. I have CAI, TB, PLENUM, 4.10, SCT tune and it will get 12-16 MPG average per tank.

I think its the plugs at 42,000 miles I switched them out to BOSCH platinums. But, I have heard bad things about them. Like the soleniod breaks of in the cyclinder and they just don't spark right like the motorcraft ones do. So what do you guys think?

So last night I took all the CP, injectors, and fuel rail off and checked to make sure all the plugs were torqued and everything looked good. What I was asking in my initally post was can I just pull the fuel rall off with plugs on it to get to the CP's. And yes you can you can just pull the fuel rail right off with plugs attached, and if the injector just comes off a little fuel is spill no biggie just put it back on.

Ford1288

Donator
So what'd you discover when you took everything off? Anything look bad.

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
Welcome Matt,
to change spark plugs u dont have to take off the fuel rails. if u do buy spark plugs u should just stick with ford motorcraft when your N/A. I have a 2002 mustang GT with full bolt on's and custom tuned and i get 21 mpg.
check your mass air flow meter bc it might be dirty and causing issues. try putting in 91 octane in your car it might help u with your miss. Did you build your car or did u buy it the way it is? your tune could be causing detonation.

Matthew Stoner

Wow 21 I'm way off. I don't have a custom tune just a SCT. I cleaned about 10,000 miles ago but I'll do it again. I have always ran on 91 octane. I bought the car as is.

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
Wow 21 I'm way off. I don't have a custom tune just a SCT. I cleaned about 10,000 miles ago but I'll do it again. I have always ran on 91 octane. I bought the car as is.
it has to be in your tune, is it a email tune from sct? whats your fuel to airflow ratio?

Matthew Stoner

Renegade performance did the 3 tune setup. I'm not sure what my airflow ratio is. But last night I took of my injectors, COP, and just took out one plug to check it out. Now my car is idleing worse.

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
Renegade performance did the 3 tune setup. I'm not sure what my airflow ratio is. But last night I took of my injectors, COP, and just took out one plug to check it out. Now my car is idleing worse.
spend the money and replace and look at all your plugs. motor craft plugs are cheap. is there 1 tune thats better then another?

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
is there anyway u can access your tune and add or subtract timing bc i think either u need to add air/fuel or subtract 1 timing. what rpm does this happen and is under wide open throttle? I had a Sct tuner with some email tunes from sct and i only had problems with it and thats why i just paid to get a custom tune and never had a problem since and i dyno at 284 rwhp and 318rwtq with just bolt ons.

Matthew Stoner

Ewww that nasty 284 get some! Well shoot yah I'll grab it really quick. I wonder can will RPM give me my $350 back and do a custom for 50 bucks more????

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
wow they charged u 350 for 3 tunes when u could have done 1 for 400. all u need is 1 tune. u need them to help u fix your problem bc detonation can ruin your engine. u can ask them about the custom tune but im not sure who there tuner is or how good he is.