• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Ok Vendors. Want some info.

yosemiddysam

Donator
I have an 04 Cobra with 54k on the clock. The car is eating about half a court of oil every week/week and a half. The car is driven daily. The car runs great, has not seemed to be losing power, will not pop a check engine light....but the number 7 plug always has oil and signs of ignition problems...... There has not been any knocking, ticking, over heating, problems starting, or anything. The only thing it does is smoke like a diesel when started but with blue smoke, when setting at a light it will smoke when pulling out, under heavy 'WHEELS SPINNING" acceleration it smokes, or when in stop and go driving it will smoke normally when the clutch lets out. It is oil smoke so I know it is not clutch. It stinks lol. I want to know what you think it is and a somewhat close price that you will charge for me to drop the car off broken and pick it up fixed. I will say this...I can not spend thousands of dollars on this and the lowest bidder is going to get the work. You can pm me if you like or call me at 858 822 8659.

yosemiddysam

Donator
I honestly believe it is a bad valve guide/seal. The car laid down 486/468 or vise versus the last time it was tuned/dynoe'd which was before I got shafted buying someone elses screw up.

02gt

the oil control ring and the compression rings are bad, have a compression test done to confirm that. Your looking at tear down and rebuild to fix that.... another indicator is alot of oil in the intake this is blow by i had quite abit with my car...

M

Mustangcwo

I think VP's old and my son's new Cobra is experiencing some of the same problems. Oh well, time to find a shop to build an engine :doh:

beejay31000

BULLWINKLE
i think its a valve seal aswell. are any of the other plugs bad, or only #7? its unlikely that only the #7 oil rings went bad. maybe at some point it was over rev'd, who knows, but i doubt its in the block. this is my opinion only, im no certified mechanic and i could be wrong....

yosemiddysam

Donator
Yes all other plugs look perfect. Once in a while you can hear a miss but not very often.... We have been babyin the car while driving it to try to not hurt anything else but with me having to drive the car to Florida I need it fixed. Mach you are not out of the question for this. I can get the car to you as well.

Stangguy

the 7 and 8 pistons are prone to issues as they have no coolant flow hence the cooling mod. I'm not saying that this is the problem, but my experience it usually is. You can pray it is a valve seal as that is a much easier and cheaper fix. These things seem to oblong the cylinders in 7/8 from heat. Some simple diagnostics will tell you the rings or the valve. We can check it out for you.

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
mine doesnt have any of those problems and the only time is smoke is up on the redline otherwise the slowbra is great and healthy. it used to smoke because it afr was off but jba fixed that with my xcla3 handheld

VP_07SRT8

Tell the cops nothing!
Staff member
Board Member
i was gonna say james it sounds like one of your seals is bad or bad ring on the 7

Stangguy

Sam, if you bring it by we will get it figured out for you and take care of you. Let me know. Thakns.

Greg