• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Parts!!!! : )

elky406

for joes car the correct gear is a 3.73.

twin screws and 3vs make tons of power under the curve with alot of tq.

to much gear on a car that makes good power and massive power under the curve isnt a good choice.

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Joe I would start with a 3:90 gear since you want to auto cross. If It was just drag I would say dont fear the gear and go with the 4:10's. If your running a N/A car I would go at least 4:10's. I am putting 4:56 in mine soon. Wa it will just be a nice weather/ weekend ride so wont be driving often. I will how ever be a monster on the track. If you look at the S197 web site most guys run 4:10's or deeper. You can pull a 4:56 through the 1/4 in 4th if you have a good cam.

Renegade

Joe I would start with a 3:90 gear since you want to auto cross. If It was just drag I would say dont fear the gear and go with the 4:10's. If your running a N/A car I would go at least 4:10's. I am putting 4:56 in mine soon. Wa it will just be a nice weather/ weekend ride so wont be driving often. I will how ever be a monster on the track. If you look at the S197 web site most guys run 4:10's or deeper. You can pull a 4:56 through the 1/4 in 4th if you have a good cam.

Joe has a Whipple

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
Got the O/R X on! It sounds great! I will post some before and after videos shortly.

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
Got my GT500 front bumper today!! now off to the paint shop maybe saturday since I will be getting dyno tuned at all out on thurs. and racing at Famoso on Fri.

Superstang21

Global Moderator
Donator
Board Member
Heres the before and after exhaust videos

BEFORE

AFTER

BEST IF PLAYED AT HIGH VOLUME LOL!!!

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
Renegade. I know he has the s/c I would still go 3:90 or deeper. Depends if he wasnts to auto cross more or drag.

Joe sounds great! I remember I changed mine at the hobby shop and when I started it after the install everyones head turned. Now you just
have to get some cams to get a good lopey idel. Make it sound really mean.

I love that sound!!!! Hot Rod Cams for the win!

Renegade

very nice Joe, im thinking about still going to the track on Friday night, not sure about running though

elky406

Joes car is a blower car that makes 500 whp and a ton of power under the curve,that being said he is on a stock short block and that means stock junk rods and pistons at 500whp and the pin is out,what saves these things from breaking the rods is not turning them over 6000 rpm,this can be done because again they make fat power under the curve and you dont have to over gear it to run quik et.Lets just check with the gear wheel.4.56 27 inch tire at 6000 rpm equals 106 mph.3.90s will get 122 and 3.73s will get ya 130 in 4th gear.Use the tq these engines make with the twin screw.And make it live longer on stock internals.

Now if its a n/a car by all means throw some gear at it.