• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Probe: U.S. Navy Ships Raced Each Other at Sea

GLDNPNY

Its called Greyhound racing and it happens all the time. If each bridge and engineering team discuss ORM prior to and there is a specified distance (usually 5-10nm) then this is no more dangerous than any other evolution. You have your danger bearings and your bail out courses. I have been OOD and CONN for these and let me tell you they are great morale boosters. Especially when the 2 engine 1 screw FFG walks a 4 engine 2 screw DD!

greyhounds2.jpg

Shane361

It is hilarious and somewhat of a compliment that they think this is a big deal when we do 100 things ten times more dangerous. This isnt even dangerous! Would love the country especially the politicians to all walk a mile in our shoes. -Shane

Mach1Marauder

Ears; Read carefully....She wasn't relieved because of the racing incident.
She was relieved of duty for different reason. This came up as part of the investigation. She was relieved for maltreatment and conduct unbecoming of an officer.

Hell, I saw the Teddy Roosevelt flexing and there was actually a rooster tail coming off her fantail. That was an impressive site.

I call BS on the "racing" of THOSE ships!

The Smokanawa? Give me a break! That damn thing is a TURD!

We were playing plane guard(in forward rotation) for the Enterprise somewhere faaaar north. I was eyeballing the plane ops from the bridge. Over the coms comes, "Stop all tracking"

That damn ship kicked it in high gear with a roostertail that looked as high as the flight deck!:rock::rock: and it was GONE over the horizon in no damn time.

They soooo overbuilt that ship and got the hull shape "just right".

Mach1Marauder

they dont have boilers they have gas turbin engines, i know i know....your a seal...LOL

Hush KID! :laser::lol::lol::lol:

unless the retrofitted them, the Smokanawa had boilers the last time I was on it.

Ahhh damn.............I just read it correctly............the tard media was on the Smokanawa.:nonono::rofl: