• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

SDPD STAR/PAL Police Car

Ok. But this year was bigger than last year. I think the last count was over 350 cars from various agencies, local, state and federals. It was crazy long coming out of Sea World on to Sports Arena Blvd to Target.

Wow. I hope no one on sports area blvd was in a hurry to get anywhere....lol

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Wow. I hope no one on sports area blvd was in a hurry to get anywhere....lol
Yeah, but I saw a lot of people out of their cars taking pictures. A lot of them didn't seem to be too upset. They were waving to us from their cars, maybe seeing the kids waving from our cars eased their tensions a bit.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
When we were in Target as I was taking my kid around shopping for what he wants, an elderly lady came up to us and asked me what was going on. I explained to her what the "Shop with a Cop" was and how the kids are given a $100 gift card each to shop for what they want and Target waived all sale tax. The lady started to tear up and said that is such a wonderful thing and thanked us for taking our time to accompany the kids. We heard a lot of similar things through out the store as were shopping. It did make me feel good and makes me want to participate again next year. Its totally worth getting up early and giving up half of my day off to make a kid Christmas more cheerful.

05ms.stang

its not just about the car.
Donator
wait danny ur a cop i didnt know that........ i hope to god u have never pulled me over lol im proud to say i havnt got pulled over in a year :)

05ms.stang

Donator
well im skrewed lol cause i drive my bfs car soooooo yea lol if u see me speeding plz dont pull me over i probably have a good reason for it lol besides i dont have that car anymore soooo naner naner naner :p

05ms.stang

Donator
i knew there was lots of military lol i mean come on were in san diego then theres alot in washington sooooo military is highly expected its ok though im keeping myself outta trouble and staying off the gas btw emilio were u out and about yesterday around mira mar cause i saw a car that looked alot like urs

Renegade

When we were in Target as I was taking my kid around shopping for what he wants, an elderly lady came up to us and asked me what was going on. I explained to her what the "Shop with a Cop" was and how the kids are given a $100 gift card each to shop for what they want and Target waived all sale tax. The lady started to tear up and said that is such a wonderful thing and thanked us for taking our time to accompany the kids. We heard a lot of similar things through out the store as were shopping. It did make me feel good and makes me want to participate again next year. Its totally worth getting up early and giving up half of my day off to make a kid Christmas more cheerful.

Danny I definitely encourage you to participate again, the local PD for the town our store is in is pretty small but every single officer gets involved in our events some how, whether its Shop with a Cop, National Night Out, the Toys for Tots drive that we put on in front of our store with the Hanford PD SWAT team, which is actually this saturday. Both HPD and us as the stores AP team take great pride in our involvement with the community and we have some HUGE things planned for next year.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Danny I definitely encourage you to participate again, the local PD for the town our store is in is pretty small but every single officer gets involved in our events some how, whether its Shop with a Cop, National Night Out, the Toys for Tots drive that we put on in front of our store with the Hanford PD SWAT team, which is actually this saturday. Both HPD and us as the stores AP team take great pride in our involvement with the community and we have some HUGE things planned for next year.
I'm planning on doing this again next year. Unless I have to work or on vacation or something else. It was a real good experience and great cause.