• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

[Sep 24, 2011] Barona Test and Tune 9/24 (Lakeside, Ca.)

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
i now have some wheels for the track for the first time now im excited what the car and driver are really made of lol.

Very nice. I will have the new lower bushings in tonight and I will begin transforming the car to race trim. THIS WEEKEND WILL BE AWESOME!!!

MUSTANGO2GT

If u aint 1st, your last
not much i need to do to get my car in race trim. back seat is already out, just need to take out the spare tire and passenger seat. what time will u be there sat? it sais gates don't open till 2. can u get there before then?

Sick06Stang

The one you love to hate!!
Out. Ripped out my upper torque box last time. Need to finish welding it up and finish installing my anti roll bar and baseline suspension. Have fun guys. Might spectate though

Sent from my DROIDX

2K7GTCS

Out. Ripped out my upper torque box last time. Need to finish welding it up and finish installing my anti roll bar and baseline suspension. Have fun guys. Might spectate though

Bummer Jason, I would have liked to see you run.

With both the Fuel Altereds and Super Street running, it is going to be a busy night!

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
Yes, very busy; but well worth the wait. I'm going to get some runs in early before the faster cars hit the track.

Sick06Stang

The one you love to hate!!
Bummer Jason, I would have liked to see you run.

With both the Fuel Altereds and Super Street running, it is going to be a busy night!
Thanks man. I really wanted to run. I welded the anti rollbar in already. Just need to weld the.down links and adj the control arms. Just haven't had a chance. But good luck. Were gonna probley show up though

Sent from my DROIDX

2K7GTCS

I'm planning to get there right when the gates open at 2:00 p.m.
Although there is a ton of moisture in the air, it's not expected to rain.

Remember to bring something to BBQ. I recommend meat.

Mustangcwo

Crew Chief
Staff member
Board Member
It was another great day for the WickedStang Drag Racers. His Pony (Jack), old member, won first place in the Renegade Series capturing much needed points and $120.

I cannot complain, my best time is below:
RT: .284
60ft: 1.713
ET: 7.708
MPH: 92.032

2K7GTCS

Fun, fun, fun!

Car ran good during my early passes. I did an 8.71 @ 83.5 mph on my second pass around 5:30 p.m. with a DA of 3200ft. That was only 2 hundredths off my personal best. I was sure I could beat that as the track cooled down, but no such luck.

I can only guess the computer was pulling timing in my last two runs because it was 56 degrees but over 90% humidity. It was starting to get foggy during my last pass. I ran an 8.86 & an 8.81. Puh.

I'm still leaving a lot on the line with 2.02 60 ft times. Once the new torque converter goes in, this should drop quite a bit.

I might have to make the trip up to Irwindale some Thursday night just to get some good air and maybe lay down an 8.4 LOL

Oh, just for giggles, that 8.71 DA corrected is an 8.3, or a 13.00 in the 1/4. On street tires...

Ford1288

Donator
Wish I could have made it out, a friend of mine is deploying and had a going away party. Good job gentlemen. When is the TC going in Dave??