• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

[SOLVED] well the wife has agreed and a swap is on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

4.6stangpower

2001 gt vert
i would like everyones input on what i should as far as a swap in my 98 gt i.e 03 shortblock blower,05 shortblock 03 P&P heads,TKO tranny. just throw somethings out i will consider all. obviously i need suspsension motor tranny and wheels all for around 15K

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
96-2010 bottom end didnt change much. Just the heads over the years. 00 and 01 gts came with windsor blocks and 8 bolt crank.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Follow Eric's path. MMR shortblock, TFS heads, custom cams, blower and all the suspension stuff.

02gt

well if you got 15k or so to play with, do what im doing but i would go with kenne bell or a turbo over a centri blower, also fix your car, you cant look legit if you have a bungy cord holding your bumper on....

02gt

Take your time here, crap happens and you need to prioritize what needs to be done first, the whole set up can be done for well under 15 k, tfs heads 2k, sb 2500, ect ect...

02gt

hell no, the new 5.0 is gonna cost you a **** ton, it hasn't even been released yet...

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
I say again, Do what Eric is doing as far as the power plant goes. Then get a power adder of your choice. Suspension I would get a good tubular k-member and a-arms with coil overs in front. Get some full length subframe connectors, team z or baseline suspensions upper and lower control arms and some adjustable rear shocks.

It's up to you on what style bushings you go with on the suspension. I would also look into beefing up the rear end a little if you plan on taking it to the track regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.