• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

[SOLVED] well the wife has agreed and a swap is on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

4.6stangpower

2001 gt vert
i know that is why i posted the thread to get opinions and inouts on the build....tommy said suspension 1st cage 2nd engine/tranny 3rd so on n so forth

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
If you are ready to buy I would give you a list of suspension that I would buy if I had to do it over again.

4.6stangpower

2001 gt vert
the plan is to have the money by june very do-able so a list of wat u woiuld do would be great. Is it do-albe under 13K? for everything?

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Start with the suspension like Tom mentioned. Another thing to factor in is labor. Who is doing all of this work?

4.6stangpower

2001 gt vert
well it might take me forever but i plan to do it by myself until i cant firgure it out then ask for help from the club if that falls through well i have to resort to shops but want to stay away from that as much as possible

M

Mustangcwo

Dont go down the wrong road like most knuckle heads. Build the car first and the engine last. Horsepower = more broken parts. If you build the engine first, you'll be spending more money repairing axles, gears, transmission, torque boxes etc. Suspension first, then rear end, transmssion and finally the engine. Lastly, throw on your power adder.

4.6stangpower

2001 gt vert
thats the plan to build the car before the motor but dont wanna go too crazy n not have money for the motor n power adders but it also has to be streetable

Mach1Marauder

thats the plan to build the car before the motor but dont wanna go too crazy n not have money for the motor n power adders but it also has to be streetable

What's the target for HP?

Build your rear suspension from new parts, don't scrimp there. Replace ALL the parts in the rear. Weld the Axle tube also. That's BEST done it a jig, but it CAN be done with an oilless set up rear, IF the welder knows what he's doing.
Weld up your control arm boxes seams, Add battle boxes if you're gonna do a fair amount of drag racing.

By the cheapest FULL LENGTH subframe connectors. Steeda and UPR are close to price and design. Spend the money on good welding.

Maximum Motorsport upper and lowere control arems are great. Your usage dictates the bushing material. Leave the weight jackers alone, but do get atleast adjustable uppers to set pinion angle.
Keep an eye out for good deals on exhaust. People do change their minds and you can find deals.

You already have a great line on you COMPLETE drivetrain at an outstanding price. It just dictates and 8 bolt crank wheather thats the cast or forged crank is up to what power you want to make.

Your fuel system is still return style so becareful on the fuel pumps. Used injectors can help save bucks. You can alway switch polarity if you find a good set cheap.

Save the engine, tranny and front suspension to last, since you have that apart anyway if you go tubular K-member. I really wouldn't spend the money for a tube K unless you want to race the car more than you have stated. Spend the money in other places

You can meet your budget if you look for bargains...........cough cough.:rofl::rofl: and do what work you have the tools for or if you can swap labor for like the welding.

4.6stangpower

2001 gt vert
550 is a good number for right now dont wanna go to crazy on hp right now just want to have a fun streetable every now n then drag car

Mach1Marauder

550 is a good number for right now dont wanna go to crazy on hp right now just want to have a fun streetable every now n then drag car

Want me to see what kind of deal I can work for you with Mark of MMR for a longblock?.................or a shortblock with all the components and you can assemble it?

yosemiddysam

Donator
Sounds like a fun build. please dont get yourself in way over your head. As much as the club likes to help others out...engine builds take quite a bit of time to do correctly and most will still want a lil sumthin sumthin to do it for you. Nothing says "awe ****" like looking at all the pieces of a torn down 2V...........

Status
Not open for further replies.