• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Started the install

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
I won't be running this for a while because I have plenty of other things to get done before I get all of this Nitrous stuff sorted out. Anyway, I decided to go ahead and mount the bottle and I routed the N2O feedline. Before the system is operational I have to buy jets, gauge, blowdown tube, bottle heater, purge and some other miscellaneous items. Well I don't have to have the purge and the heater, but I'm not going to 1/2 ass it.

I will also be pulling the converter soon after I get my 4.88's put in. Did I say 4.88's? Yikes!! Well I'm planning on buying some 28" slicks with my tax money. The converter will need to get a re-stall after the gear/tire change and N20.

Well here is a couple pics of the bottle installed.

DSCN0554.jpg

DSCN0555.jpg

wickedstangs

Chula Vista, CA
Staff member
Administrator
4.88's, I do recall saying something like to you.. When we stopped talking:( and went after my little trick papa:)....

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
4.88's, I do recall saying something like to you.. When we stopped talking:( and went after my little trick papa:)....

You did say 4.88's, but I said NO. The reason was I was hoping to run 1/4 mi. I have given up on that idea and decided to just go all out for the 1/8th since Barona is so close. I have not been to the quarter at all and I can no longer justify building the car for it.

With my 3.73's I'm crossing the traps @ 4900 rpm. The 4.88's with the 28" tires should get me up over 6000 rpm where it needs to be.

1WKDRSH

Pueblo, Co President
Staff member
Donator
Board Member
Orange call me up when you do these installs. I would like to give you a hand so I could learn some ****. Call me up!!!!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
You're not going to have any issue at tech when they see that bottle, will they? I mean with that you don't have a blow down tube and all that or it can be clearly seen that its not hooked up?

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
You're not going to have any issue at tech when they see that bottle, will they? I mean with that you don't have a blow down tube and all that or it can be clearly seen that its not hooked up?

They will clearly see that it's not hooked up. Besides it takes about 30 seconds to take the bottle out.

yosemiddysam

Donator
They will actually take your bottle and hold it in the announcers booth until you are done racing. Anyone have a fire Jacket that they want to sell. I need one.

M

Mustangcwo

Nice addition to the car. I'm starting to collect parts for the NOS myself. I dont plan on installing the kit until I change out the lower end, heads and cab but that all takes time and money. Good luck on the install and give me specifics on brand names for parts you're looking to purchase. I'll keep my eye out for any good deals.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Nice addition to the car. I'm starting to collect parts for the NOS myself. I dont plan on installing the kit until I change out the lower end, heads and cab but that all takes time and money. Good luck on the install and give me specifics on brand names for parts you're looking to purchase. I'll keep my eye out for any good deals.

Thanks, I would like to keep everything Nitrous Express (NX).

spdpilot

Nice!

Doesn't this go against your Add and Test philosophy? Lots of things all at once. I got some 28" drag radials if you want to test your RPM theory.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Nice!

Doesn't this go against your Add and Test philosophy? Lots of things all at once. I got some 28" drag radials if you want to test your RPM theory.

These are things that have to be changed. You can't use a converter set up for N/A and 3.73's then hit it with 100-150 shot of nitrous and 4.88's. The converter has to be set up for exactly what you are running to work efficiently.

The 28" tires have to go with the 4.88's otherwise I would be over revving the engine with the 26" tires. Plus with the transbrake, juice and 4.88's I'm going to need something taller than a 26" to help the initial shock on launch.

RPM theory? What theory would that be? 4.88's will get me more rpm than 3.73's. That's not theory that's FACT. The biggest challenge is going to be hooking up. I'm looking forward to getting to the track again to test the suspension. I was able to move my IC length from 29" to 36". It lowered my Annti-squat from 154% to 128%. It should work much better!

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Parts are starting to arrive for the Angry Orange Beast! Here is a pic of my fuel line fitting to splice into my feedline to the N2O fuel solenoid as well as jets for 50, 100 and 150 shots.

DSCN0556.jpg

I also recieved my 8.8 installation kit in anticipation of the 4.88's

DSCN0557.jpg

This is in the mail......Bottle heater, purge kit, blowdown tube, FP safety switch etc.

GENX-2.jpg

Mickey Thompson 28x10.5 ET Drags arrive tomorrow. :)

If this weekend gets rained out again. The car will be going under the knife.......AGAIN.
I will also be pulling the converter to be re-stalled for N2O & 4.88's...................To be continued:

joker

lookin good orange i got alot of car to look at when i get back ur subs and maybe ears lol