• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Started the install

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Just arrived from UPS :) I'm pretty excited! I've never run on a full slick before. I've only run ET streets. I've heard alot of people say it's like night and day. Can't wait to try them out with the 4.88's!

28x10.5x15
DSCN0559.jpg

spdpilot

These are things that have to be changed. You can't use a converter set up for N/A and 3.73's then hit it with 100-150 shot of nitrous and 4.88's. The converter has to be set up for exactly what you are running to work efficiently.

The 28" tires have to go with the 4.88's otherwise I would be over revving the engine with the 26" tires. Plus with the transbrake, juice and 4.88's I'm going to need something taller than a 26" to help the initial shock on launch.

RPM theory? What theory would that be? 4.88's will get me more rpm than 3.73's. That's not theory that's FACT. The biggest challenge is going to be hooking up. I'm looking forward to getting to the track again to test the suspension. I was able to move my IC length from 29" to 36". It lowered my Annti-squat from 154% to 128%. It should work much better!

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. I was half joking. You have gone all hardcore on us. Yes, measurements tell the facts, the racetrack makes it reality. Call me old school, but thats equals theory. Engines, despite what dyno's say or paper, react differently in the torque curve and there are to many factors to say anything is fact. But it sounds like you have it all worked out. I Hope it all turns out for you, just trying to be helpful and thought I would offer up the tires.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Sorry, didn't mean to offend. I was half joking. You have gone all hardcore on us. Yes, measurements tell the facts, the racetrack makes it reality. Call me old school, but thats equals theory. Engines, despite what dyno's say or paper, react differently in the torque curve and there are to many factors to say anything is fact. But it sounds like you have it all worked out. I Hope it all turns out for you, just trying to be helpful and thought I would offer up the tires.

Thanks for the offer, I do appreciate it. You didn't offend I just get fired up :). Sometimes you will see or hear of guys with relatively stock powered cars getting into the 11's and what not and most of the time it's due to a properly set up suspension.

I will hardly say I have it figured out. It's going to take alot of trial and error. It's pretty tidious to set it up. Alot of crawling in and out from under the car, but I would like to think it's NOT a fluke that the car has cut a 1.44 60' with 365hp. :cheers:

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Here are the new double adjustable lower control arms from Team Z Motorsports. Can't wait to try them out. Many things have to happen before that happens though. :(

TeamZLowers.jpg

spdpilot

they are the ****...we should get them as a sponcer...:call:

We should! I prefer Summit over Jegs. I am going to be getting my tires from them as well. About to buy some 26" ET Streets. Their prices are "fair", but the bigger issue is.....They have them in stock!

I would have bought M&H's again, but they don't have a 17" wheel size in 26"

We should talk to Summit about sponsoring Mustangs Vs. The World

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
O.k., I got the transmission out and hopefully it will head to the L.A. area for tear down this week. In the meantime I started piecing all of the nitrous gear together. Here are some pics of todays progress.

Thanks to Eric for dropping by with his dremel. One of the few tools I don't have. Anyway I had to cut a fitting off that was welded to my powerpipe. I used the spot where the fitting was to install my shark nozzle. That way I wouldn't have a pipe littered with holes.

DSCN0567.jpg

Next I put my fuel line fitting together. The fitting was put inline with the feedline and tee's to the Fuel solenoid.

DSCN0568.jpg

DSCN0569.jpg

Then I took my purge solenoid and joined it together with the N20 solenoid. The purge solenoid will have a piece of 3/16 vacuum line routing the purge out through the cowl vent.

DSCN0570.jpg

Next I installed my 3000psi popoff valve fitting and blowdown tube. Once that was put together I put the bottle heater on and adapted the fitting for the pressure transducer and the bottle gauge and then installed both.

DSCN0571-1.jpg

DSCN0572.jpg

Lastly I installed the fuel pressure safety switch to the fuel solenoid.

DSCN0573.jpg

With all of my little sub assemblies in order, I'll be moving on to fabbing up a custom solenoid bracket before going any further with the install.

M

Mustangcwo

Everything seems to be going together nicely. Cannot wait to drop by the house and check it out in person.

Get that transmission work complete, I want to go racing!!!!

Mach1Marauder

DSCN0573.jpg

WATCH THAT SWITCH!

If your car goes off an on the bottle your first time down the strip, dial back that switch.
I NEVER put those on returnless systems. They fluctuate way too much.
You just need to adjust it for your system. Usually you will have problems on the hit and at shift if you gonna have any. Just keep that in mind.

I haven't seen a window switch, yet. Also, are you gonna have a transbrake in the tranny? I wired mine to hit the instant I come off the trans brake. Now that's a ride!

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
DSCN0573.jpg

WATCH THAT SWITCH!

If your car goes off an on the bottle your first time down the strip, dial back that switch.
I NEVER put those on returnless systems. They fluctuate way too much.
You just need to adjust it for your system. Usually you will have problems on the hit and at shift if you gonna have any. Just keep that in mind.

I haven't seen a window switch, yet. Also, are you gonna have a transbrake in the tranny? I wired mine to hit the instant I come off the trans brake. Now that's a ride!

I have a mallory ignition with a built in window switch. The nitrous will be wired to come on as soon as I let go of the button on the transbrake. I'm going to start with a 50 shot and tune it. Then move to a 100 and tune and then finally the 150 shot if I make it that far lol!