• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Test and tune 25 JUNE

SIC FIDDY

picking up motor tomorrow... will be at a test and tune in about 3 months..... i hope LOL

What motor? Another stocker or are you gonna do some work to it? How much gas? 200 shot? Should be fun cause your car is damn light.

Foxman

even lighter now........ the engine is a Rering and new bearing stock short block with ported GT40 heads... about a 1000 bucks in valve train alone.

it will see the same jetted shot it had on the last motor... but this one will not be sprayed till nate tunes it

Renegade

DSC01348.jpg

Ok so my evening started out like this, representing AOP and checking out a firebird i wanted to run (didn't happen).
DSC01326.jpg

tThen the first run, organized by a couple of ricers that wanted to see a 03 Mystichrome Cobra run me, i ran a 13.6 and let out before the traps (dont ask) and beat the Cobra (he was on street tires and also let out, i had him through the 1/8th then we ended up dead even before getting off the gas). I also got my P/B 60ft on this run (1.97) with a really weak burn out on Toyo TQs.
DSC01334.jpg

DSC01336.jpg

Next run i spun really bad off the line threw second and the car bogged and went into limp mode and i ended up with a 14.88 (I hot lapped it on this run since I switched from the radial to slick lanes hoping to line up with the girl in the Firebird).
DSC01340.jpg

DSC01341.jpg

DSC01343.jpg

Finally got a chance to let the car cool off.
DSC01352.jpg

DSC01353.jpg

Then on the third run I roasted the tires a little longer in the box, staged the car, revved to 3,200RPM, dropped the clutch and....
DSC01386.jpg

DSC01387.jpg

Renegade

Congratulations!! you broke a axle before me.....lol i'm glade thats all it was man..

haha, thanks i guess lol, i was planning on doing axles anyways, so this just sped it up a bit, it's getting Moser 28 splines now, i have to replace the clutches in the trak-lok since they have been worn out. also it damaged 2 of the spider gears so ill replace those too. but i cant get either of the damn axles in far enough to get the C-clips off, the snapped piece that that is still in the carrier wont budge at all

Foxman

haha, thanks i guess lol, i was planning on doing axles anyways, so this just sped it up a bit, it's getting Moser 28 splines now, i have to replace the clutches in the trak-lok since they have been worn out. also it damaged 2 of the spider gears so ill replace those too. but i cant get either of the damn axles in far enough to get the C-clips off, the snapped piece that that is still in the carrier wont budge at all

its probably binded up in the splined spider gear... you will have to pull carrier to get it out.. the price of a clutch and spider gear kit you could buy a used 31 spline diff.... just my 2 cents

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
you can buy a whole axcel from amaerican muscle cheap. I think its Amaerican Muscle Im not sure but if you flip through any 5.0 or FFM you will see
a page with s197 take off parts cheap and they have whole axcels. Just pull yours and swap the other one right in the only thing is you will have a 3:55 gear set but it will be 31
spline. Then when you get extra cash you can go all out and build yours

Renegade

im getting the axles used from Nate so that is saving me money, i cant afford a whole 31 spline set up and wont need it for the power im going to put down in the near future

Renegade

you can buy a whole axcel from amaerican muscle cheap. I think its Amaerican Muscle Im not sure but if you flip through any 5.0 or FFM you will see
a page with s197 take off parts cheap and they have whole axcels. Just pull yours and swap the other one right in the only thing is you will have a 3:55 gear set but it will be 31
spline. Then when you get extra cash you can go all out and build yours

my stock gears are 3.55

blackstallion06

Everrett Wa. Soon to be St. Louis MO.
Donator
your just getting houseing, axcels, and guts, you could just strip it and throw everything in yours its your choice if you got a hook up run with it though