• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Thinking of suspension next.

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
what about these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250563104431&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
and this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290399968585&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
or I need to just find front coil overs and a arms. Because I have that k member.
or get the shocks/struts. and get this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300398022168&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
and find a arms.
like this
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300398022168&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
But with the coil over setup still be good for drag racing?
What weight spring? 130, 150, 175, or 250

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
or what combo should I get?
suspension%20wish%20list..jpg

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Are you kidding me? Monroe shocks and struts for drag racing!? Those things are junk. The QA1 K-Members are known for breaking and the UPR coil over kits are a pain in the ass to adjust. With those rear coil overs you will be able to adjust ride height, but not rebound.

I notice you are looking to go for the cheapy stuff. Please wait and get some better parts. You will be much happier in the long run.

Run some strange 10 way adjustable struts and shocks with the strange front coil overs. Then in the rear try some Foxbody V8 springs. K-member I would either run AJE or Team Z.

You definitely want to run a relocated upper control arm and a good lower. I recommend either Team Z or Baseline suspensions for the uppers and lowers. This is the set up some of the fastest "stock suspension" cars in the country are running.

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
you think I can get coil overs k member and shock for around $1000? I dont want cheap. Just unexpensive parts. The more affordable the better. Any links? I would atlest like shocks struts and ront coil overs. Could I run the front coil overs with kmember an a arms with my current lowering spings in the back? I would rather do suspension and get my ets lowerr then add aa blower and just spin more. I could even spend $1500 on suspension and be alright. I get my taxes back next friday. So help me out. I dont want to spend and not be happy. Thanks

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
so If I get this from summt
summit%20shopping%20cart.jpg

and this k member from team z
K-memKit196-04-2.jpg

how much time could I count on? As for as how much faster would my et be? That would be around $1200 plus whatever shipping will be.

And I may think of getting the baseline stuff. Either pro launch #1 or street launch. and prolly lca #1.

All this may be my best bet to help with lower ets.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
Maybe Eric will chime in, but I think after we swapped his k-member and a-arms he gained a couple tenths in the 1/8th and ran new PR's the first time out. That's pretty significant especially when you're talking 1/8th mile.

I wouldn't even bother with the street launch kit. What's the point? Make everything solid. If it makes noise turn the radio up. If you don't have a radio get louder exhaust :lol:

Also get rid of those lowering springs. They're too stiff! Get a hold of some fox GT springs. Usually people will just give them away! (Thanks Todd :))

If you go with the Team Z stuff let Dave (Owner) know that Bobby (Orange395w from sbftech.com) told you about him. He's cool as hell and he will recommend a front spring rate for you. Don't just pick one and order on the net. Call him and tell him what you have and your intentions with the car.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
FYI: With no other changes to the car except the baseline reloacted uppers my car went from a best 60' time of 1.51 down to 1.44

It came off at the other end as well. Before that run my previous best at that particular track (Barona) was a 6.89. I ended up running a 6.86 on that pass.

However I have since sold the baseline uppers to Tommy and ordered up a set of Team Z's. I don't really expect an improvement, it's just better quality and Daves tech advice is 2nd to none.

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
If you don't have a radio get louder exhaust :lol:
I think my exhaust is PLENTY loud enough. I will take your advice on the pro lauch #1. I think changing my cover will look better and will help out also. I would love to see my car in the high 7's all motor. Do you think that is possible with upgraded suspension? My best is 8.3 @ 82 mph now all motor.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
I can't promise you 7's, but you would be making huge changes for the better. If you don't hit 7's you will be damn close.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
ill be happy with LOW 8's maybe 8.1. If i can do that then i should be closer to mid 7's on spray.

Also if you don't have them already you will likely be needing caster camber plates to dial in the alignment. Team Z or MM has some nice ones.

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
I already have MM ones. The nice ones. Got them a few years back. If I get these coil overs and fox gt rear springs. Will that lift my car up. I kinda beginning to like the stance. LOL. I dont wanna change looks for my et times. But I dont want it to look like a boat again. LOL

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
I already have MM ones. The nice ones. Got them a few years back. If I get these coil overs and fox gt rear springs. Will that lift my car up. I kinda beginning to like the stance. LOL. I dont wanna change looks for my et times. But I dont want it to look like a boat again. LOL

Fox V8 springs are slightly taller than sn95 springs, but they are softer so the car may sit a tad lower. If it was too high you could cut 1/2 of a coil and check again. Never cut more than 1 coil off or the spring is ruined.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
I'm running the hurst, but I think for the mod motors they sell a better one. Hit up 02gt. I think he has an slp and he said it was pretty easy to install.

02gt

+1 on every thing bobby has said, although i would recomend solid bushings all the way around makes it shitty ride for the street but is nasty for the track...the line lock was tech easy but was a pain to install because the valve cover makes it a tight fit...slp is a very nice piece and works awesome....

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
just got off the phone. Im one step closer. Eill be ordering full team z suspension and strange shocks and struts from Dave. He's gonna call me back monday to place the order. And Ive sold my lowering springs and getting fox v8 rear springs.