• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Thinking of suspension next.

orange395w

OG MEMBER
Staff member
It will be like night and day after installing all of that. You might very well reach 7's on motor. When you get everything take lots of pics!

Mach1Marauder

You'll prolly be pizzed off on your first run at the track with K-member, coilovers....ect

I will FEEL slower........................because it will be smoother and your 60ft should be much better.

For the front coilovers springs, you should have got spring recommendations of 150/14 for strip car and 175/14 for street/strip
Any thing shorter will be noisy and not store enough energy to help tranfer weight for your application.

I'm of the firm rear spring philosophy...........like the MACH1 springs which I still have on my car. .....1.39 60ft with only 450 RWHP at 3300lbs Too much squat is wasted motion.
If you have single adjustable shocks on both ends, pinion angle and IC set properly, a good starting for slicks is:
Rear: 3/4 firm ........#7 on like a KYB AGX shock
Front; Full soft or one step off if the rear unloads after the launch

M/T drag radials:
Rear: Usually one step down from slick setting or one click above half way firm
Front: Full soft..........until ya start making REAL HP:hello:

1.42 or 1.43 60ft..........rear tires are just passing staging beams.

114launch.jpg

1.61- 1.65 60ft N/A

114bill3.jpg

Notice minimal squat in rear

Grudge race with a grand on the line. Looks like someone got tree'd!:rock:
A little more separation than I like..............I was trying something different.:alberteinstein:
114Spring_Cruise_076b.jpg

Someone else got tree'd! :rofl:
Picture_053.jpg

Notice less rear separation