• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Shead a tear for Ears's car.

ears

well,,,, i called the insurance company today, and talked to my" claim representative." as i said before there was some damage on the right side of the car that has not been fixed. i asked her about it. and she said that who ever made the call to not fix the right side was not even related to my claim at all, and had no authority to make that call. so she said she will review it and make the call. but i told her that before the accident the car was brand new..... and i will NOT accept anything less than a brand new car back from them! period! end of story! point blank, if she makes a call to not fix the car, i will make the call to drop my insurance with them. and she responded by saying, well sir, i will get this taken care of right away for you!

damn skippy you will!!!!!! friggin ins company man! and on top of that they never got my request for a new investigation! what the hell is goin on around here!!!! what does a guy gotta do to get decent service around here?!

ears

hhhaaa,,,,, this is great. so theres a little bit to the story! after leaving the nasty little message with my claim rep at state farm yesterday, she never called back today! so i called back and tried to get ahold of her, and surprise surprise she wasnt there! but, she left a piece of paper attached to her monitor that read........"if chris young calls tell him, i talked with the shop foreman and gave him authority to fix the right hand side of the car, and i look foward to his business in the future!" now this is especially funny because i told her last night that if she makes the call to not fix the right side of the car im gonna make the call to drop my insurance with them and take my money else where!

then i called jose, (the black guy, thats right he's straight up black,,,,,,,,, not spanish at all!!! LOLOLOLOLOL cracks me up!) any way, he's the shop foreman overseeing the repairs on the car. and i asked about the repair and what kind of time frame that he was lookin at, and he told me,,,,,,,,, well,,,, at this point were sanding down the right hand side of the car,,,, and then were gonna start on the left. i said,,,,, what? why are you doing anything to the left? he said, well at this point, were not gonna blend the paint on the door to the quarter panel and that to the bumper and that to the entire left hand side of the car......... so were gonna strip it all and start all over! so now im gonna have to bill state farm for not only 3/4 of an entire cars paint job, but an entire paint job, and that 3/4 on top of that, so weve pretty well painted almost your entire car twice now. but ya know if state farm wouldnt have drug their feet on it the first time they would only be billed for one paint job,,,,,,,, so its pretty well on them. were not gonna cut corners to satisfy a cheap fix for the insurance company. thats not how we do buisness, quality repairs, every time!!!! i said,,,, hell yea man, im all about it. then he said,,, im gonna get this thing in the booth probably tomorow or thursday so we should be done with it by next wednesday latest. im doin what i can to get this thing back to you as soon as possible.

so bottom line, sure i may hate state farm. but the dealership is stickin it to em in their own way! however at this point, i have to say. if any one needs anything done as far as body work........ DREW FORD FTMFW!!!!!!!!!

Fighting Sailor

San Angelo TX
well I had the same sort of issues with USAA, and I called and threatened to change ins Companies and surprise they changed thier tune.. It doesn't matter who you insure with they will all try to low ball ya if they think they can. They bank on an ignorant public assuming they have made the proper call. In most cases they get away with it because the general public is very ignorant. The law in CA says you can choose the shop you want to do the work and they must accept the price (minus deductable). Never let them get away with low ball tactics.

ears

yup, despite what the insurance company says,,,, i learned that lesson. they tried to tell me to take it to some little jo shmo idiot in lakeside. i said no motha ****as ford is doin the work....... thats it. end of story......

let that be a lesson to all of you who have never had this experience...... dont let the ins company have the last word,,,, it wont be good!

ears

well we got ill say three days to go until the 2010 is back in my garage! the car was sanded and primed on thursday, and was supposed to be in the booth for paint on friday! of course it probably wasnt finished, so as soon as the paint is done, shell be home again!

ears

ok i got two pieces of news!

first. surprise surprise, the delivery date of the car has been pushed back till thursday.

and second, i got home rom duty today and we got a knock on the door, it was the usps guy. he had a letter we had to sign for. it was a letter from a hospital in ramona. the guy that hit us and was taken away in the ambulance denied his financhial responsability to pay the hospital bill and had it sent to us along with one of the other people that were in the car with him. all said and done, the driver sustained 22,000 dollars worth of damages and his passanger sustained 2,000 dollars worth of damages. so i got to take it and send it off to the ins company! i said,,,,,,,,, damn,,,,,, maybe he shouldnt have hit me! serves that stupid bastard right, for that and lying to the cops about what really happened!

ears

well, im still fighting it, but i have sent the reinvestigation request to the ins. company twice now. and surprise, surprise they didnt get it either time. so im gonna send it again and see what happens. but either way, the ins. company will be payin it so im not too worried about it. ive got up to 500,000 dollar per person coverage so no worries.

although, let this be a warning to any one who wants to run into me on the street..... lolololol!!! when i put someone in the hospital i pull out all the stops! 22,000 dollars worth of hospital bills, hell yea! dont mess with the cavalier slayer!

step on mii

ok i got two pieces of news!

first. surprise surprise, the delivery date of the car has been pushed back till thursday.

and second, i got home rom duty today and we got a knock on the door, it was the usps guy. he had a letter we had to sign for. it was a letter from a hospital in ramona. the guy that hit us and was taken away in the ambulance denied his financhial responsability to pay the hospital bill and had it sent to us along with one of the other people that were in the car with him. all said and done, the driver sustained 22,000 dollars worth of damages and his passanger sustained 2,000 dollars worth of damages. so i got to take it and send it off to the ins company! i said,,,,,,,,, damn,,,,,, maybe he shouldnt have hit me! serves that stupid bastard right, for that and lying to the cops about what really happened!

LMFAOO i cant believe that sh!t seriously 22,000 he was perfect until they got there and ohh im hurt... WTF yeah he shouldnt have hit you to begin with...

ears

yea,,,, tell me about it, and i tell you. if the fault lands on me like the retarted ins. company is trying to do he is gonna need about 500,000 dollars worth of hospital bills!!

ears

i was sitting still, the problem comes in when the other guy and his witnesses lied to the police. and none of my witnesses were nor have they yet been asked anything about the accident!

ears

well,,,,, today is the day! i went to pick up the car yesterday, and jose said that someone tore the door seal so he wanted to re order it and throw a better one on. so he asked me to wait one more day. i got a chance to take a look at the paint though and i have to say it is point blank remarkable. i never in a million years thought that it would come out as good as it did. in the end he said they didnt paint the rear bumper, there was nothing wrong with it, so they used it as a referance for the shading. but looking at the rest of the car i have to say drew fords paint looks better than the factory ford paint does. ill have before and after pics coming as soon as i get the car in my hands. theyre detailing the car as we speak so itll be emaculate when we pick it up. i cant wait. im so damn excited to have her back. its been a long drawn out process, but i think in the end all the trouble that i pushed onto state farm, and all the hasseling that i did was well worth it. the car looks better than ever before. and on top of all that, because the body shop did the work and i bought the car there i got a little added bonus. all the parts that they touched have a lifetime full waranty. so the factory warranty may cover something, but now, even when that runs out its fully covered for the rest of the cars life. this includes the paint. so over time it will fade like all paint does, and when it does i take it back to any ford dealership and their body shop will fix it free of charge!

now, i was afforded an interesting opportunity the other day while i was there. and this makes me glad that i have state farm even with all the trouble they gave me! apparently, when a car is in an accident and parts need replaced its up to the insurance company on how they want to come up with the parts. some insurance companies, like progressive, and i know this for a fact, i saw it in person. any way, they like to go to salvage yards and cut up totaled cars and put those salvaged parts on cars. now state farm took the extra expence and put all new factory ford parts on the car. but like i said, not all companies do this. the example i saw was infact progressive. they had a car that had the same kind of damage that my car had on it, and they took a salvaged car and litterally cut the car in half and had drew weld those salvaged parts back onto the wrecked car!

ears

so this serves as a warning to those who arent sure of this process, i dont know if you can call and ask your ins. company about how they repair their claims, but i know that i lucked out in having a company that will onloy put high quality parts back on the car even though it costs them easily 2 or 3 times as much money to do it! and i also know that if i did have a company that would be more than willing to put salvaged parts into my car that i would dump them in a heart beat! i had good parts on the car, i want new parts put back on the car! i wouldnt stand for that, and i dont know of many others that would either!

so there ya go!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and before and after pics comin soon, but if you want to see the great paint job, you would have to come see the car for yourself to be fully appreciative of the purely outstanding job that was done!

Red

It's hard to belive it took over two months to get your car fixed. I'm glad you got it fixed the way you wanted. Can't wait to see the before and after pics.

ears

oh man,,, im gonna throw up some good in process pics too,,,,, ill get them from jose! they litterally cut the entire car in half! so it did take a while, but its the first 2010 to be repaird this extensively in the united states. so it was a first for ford in more than one way. but any way. i didnt get the car back, they didnt get the gas filler neck in when they should have. so ill get it back on monday. it is cleaned and detailed with new graphics and new trim.... so its all good to go! they even put new 2011 trim on it. because i guess its better than the 2010 trim. so well see on monday!

ears

still procrastinating on the pics.... theyll be up soon.... as soon as i have a chance any way!