• Hello there guest and welcome to our forum!
    To gain full access you must Register. Registration is free and it takes only a few moments to complete.
    Already a member? Login here then!

Subzero's car

Red

I drove Danny to pick up his car from JBA today. Seems he needs a new pully cause the one on the Kenne Bell is giving him 12 pounds of boost. Anyway I got a few pics and a small video of his car starting up.

DSC03183.jpg

DSC03182.jpg

DSC03181.jpg

[ame=http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww289/darksly44/Dannys%20car/?action=view&current=MOV03184.flv]
th_MOV03184.jpg
[/ame]

ears

it does sound fairly conservative, but maybe a good place to start, he can alwayse get smaller pulleys latter down the line!

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
Here's what happened. The car produced 12lbs boost which was a lot more then I expected and want. I was expecting 9lbs at most. 12lbs is not good on the stock motor, it tends to make it go boom and I'm not ready for it to go boom. I need to call Kenne Bell to see if they have a bigger pulley so I can turn the boost down.
Anyways, at the time I told them to stop the tune, the car was at 365 rwhp and 429 lb/tq. The A/F was lean at 12.1. I didn't want to push it until I know what is safe and at it will produce more power once the A/F gets richer and I want to make sure the boost is at safe level when the A/F is corrected. Like I said, there's more power and just want to make sure it is safe first.
Thank you everyone for the nice comment. The car do sound nice and I can feel the power with just a little stomp on the gas, the car goes. And did I mention the whine when the gas is pressed, Uuuuhhhhh....that is a sexy sound. :)

atlblue98gt

Greer, SC
leave it 12 lbs. It can hold 450 all day long. You should be able to get it tuned safe a reliable a little over 400. Esp with an auto. Live on the edge a little with your new edge. LMAO

Shane361

Was about to say OMG@12lbs. 10 is a timebomb with a good tune on a stock GT motor. Sounds great Danny! Glad your being safe with that beast!

DSGimportslayer

DSG in the hisouse!
Staff member
danny the richer the af is the safer. the leaner it is it will make more power. but it being leaner is more likly to hurt your motor..........i would add more fuel to your curve asap.

yosemiddysam

Donator
The 2 V's are not that bad. I think with a good tune you would be fine at 10. Tune has to be spot on and I would pick a gas station and stick to the same one every time. That car sounds good man.

sdsubzero4

Spring Valley, CA
danny the richer the af is the safer. the leaner it is it will make more power. but it being leaner is more likly to hurt your motor..........i would add more fuel to your curve asap.

Yeah, Its going to be around 11.5. Haven't finished the tune yet due to the high boost.

The 2 V's are not that bad. I think with a good tune you would be fine at 10. Tune has to be spot on and I would pick a gas station and stick to the same one every time. That car sounds good man.

I do use the same station for my gas. Only time I change is when Im on the road. Thanks. I love that sound.